Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hi alls.

Feeling a bit crazy right now because I only had an hour of sleep last night. Blame it on procrastination. And traffic jams. And bad miscalculation on my part.

So what’s happened is I had a film review due today and I began doing it yesterday evening at about 5pm. Had writer’s block, gave up and went to watch TV outside. Returned to my film review every few hours and soon I realised it was already 1230am shit.

Sad down on got to business. Finished it after racking my brains out. Looked to the clock, 230am shit. Would have to print it at college tomorrow. Started packing to go back to UM. Finished packing at about 315am.

Went to bed. No wait, LZ called for about an hour. Tried to sleep. Fell asleep only after half an hour. Finally dozed off for about a second and was aroused by the stupid alarm.

6am in the morning. Gotta head on to UM. Yes, 6am. The Federal Highway jam is a nightmare from 630am onwards. So is the NKVE. So, 6am it was.

Arrived and decided I didn’t want to sleep before my 9am class. Cleaned up my hostel room a bit, found out we had a new roommate! Have yet to meet her, though, she still isn’t back from holiday. She is a Law student! (I discovered after nosing around in her stack of books) Hopefully she speaks English with me?

Anyway. Got ready at 8am. Went to the printer shop downstairs, it was closed. Dammit. Checked the sign on the door: Open from 830am. Fine. Would come back later.

Went back at 840am (gave them a grace period of 10min to be late/get things started up). NOT OPEN FUCK THIS SHIT.

Rushed to UM (my hostel is located outside of campus) in search of printer shops. Went to the regular, not open FTS. Went to another, thankfully it was. Printed out the assignment for submission and rushed to class. Dr Adis doesn’t like late-comers.

Arrived on the dot. Dr Adis walked in within a couple of minutes. Looked into my face and demanded why I had missed two of his classes last week. Abashedly replied that I was on holiday. He smiled and walked away. I like him.

Handed in my assignment. Sat through two very excessively long and info-packed presentations by two of my classmates. Impressed by seemingly Chinese-educated classmate’s command of English. VERY impressed by Chinese-national classmate’s excellent command of English. (Though her accent was a bit difficult to catch initially)

Dr Adis reminded us about tomorrow’s replacement class. Was met with disagreements; some classmates already have classes at the proposed time. Postponed to next Friday. Grumbled. Had packed clothes for two days’ stay in college. Had plans to stay till Friday evening before leaving home. If there had been no class on Friday, would not have packed at all. Would drive to class and then drive back home after class.

But what’s done is done. Will take full advantage of UM’s speedy internet and leave maybe on Friday. Bored at home anyway.

Came back to college without lunch. Ee Vonne had fled to meet her boyfriend. I have no friends. I am a loser.

Decide not to eat lunch. Type this. Typing this. Will sleep after this.

Dunno what else to write about.

Goodbye.

Shall leave you with a pretty photo of me.

IMG_20131003_1

See ya.

No comments: