Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I feel so detached from the world nowadays. Almost like Nearly-Headless Nick. No, even worse than Nick because at least he’s still a bit attached, I feel like I’ve completely been washed ashore of another beach across from the one where everyone else is.

I don’t know. But when I turn on Facebook nowadays, all I see are endless drones and whispers by people who are a world apart from me, in whom I have the slightest interest. Every here and there I see a status I can relate nothing to and even when there are statuses which involve me, I somehow feel like I’m a third person watching from above. Like I’m some sort of astral projection looking down upon the lives of others like in Insidious.

I haven’t been in regular contact with any of my friends, and recently I haven’t been doing anything remotely progressive in my life. I’m just going through the motions, living life as I’m being swayed slowly in my little boat in the middle of the giant sea. I wouldn’t complain usually, but the thing is, I’m starting to get motion-sickness.

I wish this is all due to PMS (it is time, after all) or that it’s just one of my once a couple of months kind of breakdown moments so that in a week’s time I’d be up and running again.

It sure does feel like shit to be alone.

No comments: