Thursday, September 26, 2013

HELLO HELLO

I have something to show you all!

.

.

.

.

.

.

IMAG4978

Ta-dah!

I DIY-ed my fan to rainbow blades! So pretty right!!!

I bought three different colour papers in pink yellow and orange! Orange is actually my least favourite colour of all colours in the world so don’t ask me why I got it.

I actually intended to get pink, turquoise or some mint green and a pastel purple/lavender colour but I only managed to find the pink one.

In the end I thought I would get other happy colours because I was afraid if I got dark colours, when my fan blades spun they would merge together and become brown wtf

I actually got the idea to DIY my fan from a DIY account on Instagram which had like a million followers and this was the photo that was posted!

rainbow-fan

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/rainbow-fan.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.incrediblethings.com/home/this-diy-rainbow-fan-is-totally-cool/&h=326&w=570&sz=73&tbnid=wImxIGgdBJAcJM:&tbnh=73&tbnw=128&zoom=1&usg=__F4sKX2NgeLUbpRj2vj0OkRQKIJ4=&docid=4hImhQe3fCW-BM&sa=X&ei=9rpDUuzUMsPwrQegloHYCw&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAQ

So pretty right???

So I got my papers and painstakingly measured, drew and cut each piece of paper to fit the front and back of my fan blades. Ok my boyfriend helped me with most of it lol but I did all the cutting ok because it is common knowledge that one should never trust boys with scissors wtf

We used double-sided tape to stick the papers onto the blades.

IMAG4977

I couldn’t wait to see the results!

And…

.

.

.

.

.

IMAG4980

Ta-dah!!!

Omg so pretty right!!!

It is like seeing a multicoloured ferris wheel everytime I turn my fan on!

But…..

That was a lie.

Like every DIY art ever introduced, there is always this little part where things can go wrong, or go untold.

In this case, that is:

IMAG4979

When the fan spins fast (which is whenever you turn it on wtf) the colours of the blades all merge together to become: ORANGE. W.T.F kua kua kua kua…..

But I really should have known right. Red + Yellow was bound to end up orange, add in another orange blade and wtf orange times TWO.

ARGGHHHHH.

And do you remember me saying that orange is my least favourite colour of all the colours in the world?

ISH.

The triple-coloured spinning blades I managed to capture on photo above is actually taken when the fan was turned off and the blades were slowly coming to a halt.

Which obviously was how the original DIY artist managed to capture his/her photo too.

But it’s ok! It still looks quite pretty when it’s not turned on and definitely more outstanding than anybody else’s fan around me LOL

I still love it!

Maybe one day I will change the colours of the blades again and this time I will make sure I do more homework about how colours merged so that I won’t end up with a colour that I hate again wtf

I still love it, my DIY rainbow fan! Red heart

IMAG4980

1004697_10151823804992722_1186417586_n

BYE!

No comments: