Monday, February 1, 2010

I know I always say...

...that I should be working happily despite the pay that I'm offered.

UPDATE!!!: KUMON vacancy already taken! Good. I don't have to think of making decisions anymore. =DDDDD

And I'm always boasting about how excited and happy I am to be working at PA.

But now I start to wonder if it's time for me to change?

You see, working at PA only gives me a maximum amount of pay of RM600 plus per month.

And besides that I get off days only rarely, and my off days are usually at weird days like a single Tuesday, or a single Thursday.

I've stuck by my job for a month now because I really have a lot of fun when I go to work. Alot of laughter, alot of challenging customers to deal with... I feel like I'm learning alot of things every single day...

Plus I'm meeting alot of new people, alot of new friends, and I feel like I have been achieving one of my 2010 resolutions bit by bit: Widen my social circle.

But I can't help but to wonder if this is the time to change?

To go after a more rewarding and relaxing job?

I mean, I'm only working now to pass my time, and to get a good rest from the hectic life of a high schooler, so shouldn't I be enjoying and resting as much as I can?

I admit, working at PA, I don't get that much rest time. Working hours are 7 per day. And only one rest day per week. Sometimes I feel like besides my working life, the rest of me is fading away.

What I'm saying is, Cherrie has been trying and trying to get me to quit my job at PA, and to come work with her at Kumon.

Because at Kumon, you only need to work three days per week. And the pay's also about RM600 plus.

And it's working with YOUR BEST FRIEND. So why aren't I taking the better offer?

Okay, let's put all these childish reasons aside, and see this from a more professional manner.

Imagine if I were to put my past jobs in my resume, which do you think the employer or whoever would be more impressed by?:

  1. Part-time sales assistant at Padini Authentics
  2. Teacher at KUMON Learning Centre

Obviously it's the 2nd one right?

So the question right now is this: Should I leave my current job for the Kumon one? Or should I remain in PA and continue with my happy life?

I have a very strong feeling that I'm gonna have alot of fun too working at Kumon, because I love kids, and I would have Cherrie as my colleague. But the thing is, I would miss my current colleagues alot. )=

So let's do alittle pros & cons:

Padini Authentics

Pros:

  1. Meet alot of new people
  2. Surrounded by clothes
  3. First job, thus builds alot of memories
  4. Fun
  5. Exciting because dealing with the public
  6. In a shopping mall
  7. Convenient to buy clothes (because get to know almost all stock available)
  8. Quite good pay

Cons:

  1. Limited rest days
  2. UNFIXED rest days
  3. Not so impressive on resumes
  4. Limited pay
  5. Cannot work with Cherrie
  6. Expensive lunch/dinner everyday
  7. Working hours till very late

Kumon

Pros:

  1. ALOT of rest days
  2. FIXED rest days
  3. Quite good pay
  4. Get to interact with children!
  5. Get to work with Cherrie!
  6. Easy, relaxing...
  7. Good on resume!
  8. Not so strict
  9. Cheaper variety of food, because not inside shopping malls
  10. NEAR OSAKA (BEST JAPANESE RESTAURANT EVER)

Cons:

  1. Have to leave my current happy PA life
  2. Have to leave my current colleagues
  3. Not so challenging because only have to deal with kids
  4. Won't learn as much as I'm learning in PA
  5. Would be quite boring (but then, with Cherrie around, IMPOSSIBLE!)
  6. Not surrounded by clothes

Oh my God... HOW TO CHOOSE??!??!?!?!

I need to think this over. Gosh.

Maybe I'll go discuss this with Syafiq. I have a feeling he's gonna be a very good advisor on the subject.

Chuz.

No comments: