Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm 18.

I don't know why but all of a sudden I feel like I've done alot of growing up since my school life last year. Ever since I've finished my SPM exams, I have always felt like I'm almost halfway to something. A bit closer to what they call the actual purpose of your existence in this world.

Maybe it's because I've always felt like I'm more mature than most of the friends I have my age, but when I stepped out of high school life, I seriously and finally got the feeling that; yes, I feel in control, mature and sensible.

Okay so maybe not sensible, but grown up enough to know how to take care of myself, to make decisions, to judge a particular situation without any emotional involvement.

Especially so after I have started working. Throughout my working experience, I have learnt so much that it is impossible to summarise everything into this single blog post. They aren't things that are mentionable or explainable even, but they are things that I have learnt. Things that have taught me indirectly about various other things. And I'm talking in circles now because there really is no way to explain exactly what I have learnt throughout this (almost) five months of working.

Because throughout this whole experience, I have met so many people, dealt with so many situations and the best part is: handling them and solving my problems all on my own. Unlike school, everything has been planned and penned down for you. All you have to do is follow. And when a problem arises, there always is someone out there to help you solve your problems.

I will not say that I have learnt nothing in high school, because in fact I have also learnt so much from there. My high school life formed my personality now, and now that I am out from the safety bounds of school, I'm put here in the public to test out my personality. To see if it is socially acceptable, likable and tolerable.

And so far, life has been good for me, because I've come across alot of new people, great people who are simply just interesting to be around. I've also come to realise that the way high school has formed me is what I have always wanted to be all along: likable and acceptable. I am not blowing my own trumpet by saying that alot of people seem to want to hang out with me, but that is just what I sincerely feel about myself.

There are actually so many things that I wish I can just come out and say, to share with the world. But right now, sensible Jo-Yee really thinks it isn't the time yet.

Let time tell, they say. And I agree.

Let's hope that when it finally comes, I would still be able to reveal everything with as much, if not more, happiness and gratitude as I feel right now.

And I love you.

Chuz.

No comments: