Thursday, August 11, 2011

Love & Despair

110531-040835

You start out being so in love,

But things turn different as days go by,

Suddenly from hugs and kisses,

You just walk away without goodbyes.

 

Is it worth it to cry and cry,

When he doesn’t really care?

To drown yourself in hopeless dreams,

And to live life with despair?

 

You say you would start to learn and cope,

But these things aren’t real,

Sooner or later you’ll break and cry,

Cos no one bothers how you feel.

 

But who cares if these tears are worth it,

They won’t stop on command anyway,

It’s much more satisfying to wallow in grief,

Than to pretend to be okay.

 

Why is love such a hard thing to procure,

And yet even harder to maintain?

Can’t we all just get along,

And appreciate what we have gained?

 

I’m lying low, I’m feeling down,

And I don’t know what else to do,

Because my heart protests, my mind rejects,

But the one I want is still you.

No comments: