Tuesday, February 21, 2012

WORK!

Hello! Tody was my first day of work and it was great!

My colleagues are all very friendly and helpful and working with them is cool because they aren’t those super cheerful and chatty type (which I can’t help but resent) but yet they are also not those quiet type who don’t talk (to me) at all (I can’t stand people who ignore the people around them either). So working with them is fun!

The work I do is quite simple in essence, but it’s actually a very tedious affair. Basically what I have to do is just remove documents from folders, remove the binders and staples, rearrange them accordingly, remove the unwanted documents, then put them back nicely and neatly in the folders and put the folders back in the box.

Then, another team will scan those documents piece by piece into the PC.

You know how the banking system works? When you want to buy property or appeal for loan? They have these bunch of documents right? Terms and conditions, declaration of acceptance, facilities agreement, lawyers letter bla bla blaaaaaa…which all have to be present as proof before your appeal is approved, right? So what we do now in the office is scanning everything into the PC and then upload all the contents into an online server which can be reached anywhere, anytime!

No more need for black and white paper proof anymore which is super time-consuming and easily misplaced/torn and not easily accessible!

So in short, we are doing all the manual belakang tirai work. What? You think automatically your data and info can be found online ah? Someone has to do it manually ok. And apparently, my office colleagues are those ‘someones’.

But all in all, my job is quite interesting because I feel like I am learning so much about banking and loan stuff and it’s good because one day in my life I will have to buy my own property too right? So at least I already know how everything kind of works.

After reading about what I do at work, don’t think that it’s an easy peasy job ok. Those documents, with the formal language they use, mixed up papers, different letter layout, loans, charge, title, S & P agreement, guarantee, letter of undertakings, they are super super confusing! That’s why it takes some time to digest everything thoroughly before you can proceed to filing the documents up.

And there’s also the pressure of having to be very careful not to make any mistakes.

But of course I will try to work hard lah and hit higher numbers to reach the daily target so that I can help out more and at the same time garner more trust and compliments…hehehe. Open-mouthed smile

Ok! That’s all about my job! Now I wanna talk about food!

I really don’t like making food for my mum. Not because I am stingy or selfish or whatever, it’s because she always thinks that her food is better and everyone should cook it her way whether or not they like it.

She just kenot accept change. Everytime I cook something new, in a way that I have learned in AFC, she never fails to comment about what apparent mistake I am doing with my food. When in reality that food is not something that she has cooked before.

And I donno what is her logic or proof. There was once my boyfriend and I fried these chicken strips which were very crunchy and delicious. The secret to that is to dip the chicken strips first in batter and then coat another layer of dry plain flour before deep frying it. It will turn out super delicious and crunchy!

So my mum, before knowing how we had cooked the chicken, tried it and expressed how delicious and crunchy it was. So I revealed to her the way I did it and suddenly she changed her mind and said that coating it with another layer of flour was wrong and nobody fried chicken like that.

What the…

But she continued to eat the chicken with relish but still standing true to her opinion that our way was wrong. How illogical is that?!

I just don’t understand the way her mind thinks.

And whenever I make salad or sandwiches, I like to put jumble of ingredients in which I like. But she, just because she never uses any other ingredients besides tuna and egg mayo, always says that my sandwiches/salad are wrong and won’t taste nice.

????????????????????

Like that also can one meh? I want to put what in my food then let me be lah. There is no wrong or right in food if the food in the end turns out delicious and not unhealthy, right?!

So what is she going on about?! Why can’t she just leave my food alone if she doesn’t like it?

And the worst thing is, she ENJOYS my food but STILL continues to give comments/(unconstructive) suggestions about it!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thus ends my rant about my mum.

Here’s a photo of our crunchy and delicious chicken. DOES IT LOOK GOOD OR WHAT. My mum is weird.

Ok I am super tired and need to go sleep now. Work tomorrow at 9am!

BYE BYE!

PS : I never wear/own formal clothes and it is becoming more and more stressful each day to find an outfit that is fit for my office. ==

No comments: