Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2nd anniversary

IMG_20130804_1

8 August 2013 marks the second anniversary of my effortlessly blissful relationship with my beloved boyfriend! Coincidentally my parents’ wedding anniversary also falls on the 8th of August but they’ve been separated for many years already so I don’t know why I’m even mentioning this haha. But it’s such an odd coincident right? :D

Okay lah to tell the truth, the the 8 August 2011 isn’t really the date we got together officially, but kind of the date we got faux married on Facebook wtf. Hahahaha. What happened was I was quite heart-broken and devastated when my ex dumped me so the rebel in me decided to crawl its way out into the open to take over my life. I was excessively flirty with everyone, trying to get boys’ attention and was also super active in my social life that few months after I broke up. It was like I was trying to avenge my broken heart or something. So what better way to show my prick of an ex how it’s done than to get Facebook married to a guy after only parting ways for about 2 months?

So anyway, what was meant to be a joke turned serious and we officially became a couple about a month later. And together we’ve been for two years! :D I only have one thing to say about this though: Be careful what you wish for it might just come true. HAH!

This year we didn’t do anything fancy. We just did what we enjoyed the most and that is, enjoy each other’s company! Hehehe.

He got me a set of beauty products from Body Shop, all strawberry flavoured!

 1003881_10151785582312722_628708178_n

He says that I am a strawberry because I used to have green hair,

483666_10151509165497722_1662417624_n

like this, and red cheeks (fake one, blusher lol) so now I can smell like one too! Haha I love it!

In return, I didn’t get him anything (I am terrible girlfriend) as I’m quite broke after my trip to Bangkok, so I just made him…

IMG_20130807_180810

CUPCAKES! Hehe got his name one! It’s homemade chocolate sauce as well. I am a baking genius thankyouverymuch.

It is orange flavoured, hence the colour and also bits of pink lah cos I couldn’t resist pink cupcakes!!! Hehe he said he loved it leh! I am so touched hahaha

Later, we went for dinner at Tony Roma’s to try their famous beef ribs as recommended by Zeus’s (I won’t call my boyfriend by his real name anymore from this blog post onwards) brother and they were really quite fab leh! (I can’t remember the name of the ribs I ordered, but it’s the one that costs about RM70.)

IMAG4552

Wah, I didn’t realise the photos I took were so bad wtf

Don’t blame me lah ok, I didn’t use any pro camera, just the camera of my HTC Incredible S HAHA!

IMAG4553IMAG4554

The meat was very tender and didn’t have that overpowering beefy taste at all! The gravy was really nicely seasoned too! I highly recommend this to everyone!

Oh, and also, to those who do not eat beef, you really don’t know what you’re missing out leh!

The mash potato was good too! I usually dislike mash potato because I prefer potato cooked with a bit of bite (al dente? LOL) but this one was really buttery and fragrant. It had bits of potato skin in it which countered the mushy taste of the mash so I liked it! I can’t eat mashed potato at like KFC because it is too mushy and it feels disgusting. But this one is good!

For appetiser we decided to try their potato soup. Zeus was sceptical at first, as he always is with any food that doesn’t fall into the ‘conventional’ category, but in the end we agreed to try it lah. It was good! Even Zeus also loved it hor. I can’t be sure if they made the soup from scratch or if they concocted it from a premixed pack, but all in all, it tasted quite good lah. Seasoned at just the right amount and creamy but yet not too overwhelming. Worth a try! (No photos because soups don’t look fab in print ah.)

We also ordered a Caesar’s salad to share and it was really quite good too! It was really worth it as well because for RM19.90, we had our salad served under a big gigantic slab of crispy chicken chop. The meal also comes with an alternative order of grilled chicken, if you prefer it to be less fatty. But of course we ordered the crispy one because crispy food is Zeus’s favourite lol.

IMAG4550

After dinner we just walked around and didn’t do muchloh. We just went window shopping, but mostly just talking to each other and laughing and that was the best! It was a great night! I am always super happy when I spend time with my boyfriend. Nothing can go wrong one! Open-mouthed smile

IMAG0343

Wish to have more anniversaries like this with Zeus. Love you bb! Red heart

No comments: