Thursday, August 15, 2013

myBurgerLab

HALO!

Someone please throw confetti all over me because I’ve been blogging so often! LOL So, you know how I’ve been shouting all over the place about how I wanted to try out the burgers at myBurgerLab right…and I finally did!

About some weeks ago my beloved boyfriend brought me to myBurgerLab at Seapark to try them out. Previously we’d come before, and knowing that the shop opened at 5.00pm, we arrived there at 4.45pm to beat the queue.

198288_10151587601487722_335315592_n

Unfortunately, just as we parked our car across the road, we were greeted by a queue of about 7 groups of people and we decided to just leave and come back another day because we were already really hungry.

So this time, we came at 4.30pm and the queue had already started but it wasn’t too long. We came mentally prepared for the queue this time, so the idea of standing in the hot weather outside a (still) closed shop like idiots was easier to bear.

IMG_20130806_1

After 30 minutes under the sweltering weather, at 5.00pm sharp, the lovely people of myBurgerLab pulled the doors open and we were invited to queue in the comforting air-conditioned interior of the quaint and hipster looking shop.

IMG_20130806_2

In front of us were about 4-5 packs of customers so it gave us time to read through the menu board at the front to decide what we would have. The burgers were named quirkily, IE one dubbed the Hangover, another Beautiful Mess, The Hulk etc and all of them were different combinations of interesting and delicious ingredients.

I decided on having a Beautiful Mess, which was a beef burger featuring a generous piece of crispy hashbrown and sautéed mushrooms. Zeus decided on the Hangover, which was a beef burger as well but featured a Portobello mushroom and a sunny side up. We both had add-on orders of caramelised onions because onions (caramelised or not) are my favourite!

Ta-daaaa!

IMG_20130806_172444

My Beautiful Mess (Hashbrown and sauteed mushrooms)

IMG_20130806_172147

The Hangover (Deep-fried Portobello mushroom + sunny side up)

IMG_20130806_173007

Really looks like a Beautiful Mess right? LOL

The buns are black because they are charcoal buns! They have a soft texture and taste almost like regular burger buns but slightly sweeter with a somewhat smoky undertone. The beef patty is tender and you can tell, homemade, and seasoned quite nicely. Looks good right? :D

IMG_20130806_171121

The place was packed to the brim! Many early-birds (including us) who managed to secure seats were subconsciously forced to eat quickly, as we didn’t want hold up the later customers and have them eat while standing. So after polishing off our burgers (quite quickly I must say, to my surprise, as I am usually a slow eater) we left the place to allow the newer customers our seats. Have to be considerate!

I conclude that Zeus’s burger tasted much better than mine because the egg added a bit more flavour to the taste whereas my feature ingredient, the hashbrown, although good on its own, when eaten in a burger didn’t bring out any special flavours. In fact, it tasted a bit jelat, like overpowering, because the bread and hashbrown were both carbs. The sautéed mushrooms in my burger were really good though. The caramelised onions we ordered should have improved the taste of our burgers but they only added a small portion of it to our burgers so we were quite unhappy.

I actually complained about this in Instagram and the myBurgerLab people actually came and commented their apology on my photo! Hahaha, so to compensate for that they actually gave me a coupon of a free burger set for my next visit to myBurgerLab! They also told us that if anytime in future we feel that our add-ons are not enough, we can ask for more at the counter and they will happily pile on more onions, egg, mushrooms etc to our request! Talk about wanting to satisfy your customers! They are awesome!

All in all, I would say that the burgers are worth the long waiting queue, but only for the first time, though. :/ I mean, I won’t say that the burgers sucked, but to be honest, they aren’t particularly delicious. Without ketchup and mustard, the burgers tasted a bit bland on their own. If I had to give it a rating, I’d say, maybe 7/10. It is worth a first try though, so go ahead and give it a shot. I mean, I only tasted two types so far, and my sister is in love with their burgers, so different people can have different verdicts right?

IMAG4532

So go ahead and try and see what you think! Open-mouthed smile

No comments: