Saturday, October 4, 2008

All The Fun In The World! :D :D :D

Have you guys ever realised that when doing something totally disgusting and icky, it would turn out to be really fun if you do it with the right people? I mean, even when you are forced to, say, clean up a big, big classroom; it may sound totally boring and unfun, but when a bunch of friends is to do it with you, you will find yourself actually looking forward to doing it?

That's the power of friendship. :)

Take my pond-cleaning day for example. No wait, let me rephrase: Totally-disgusting-alga-infested-pond cleaning day. There. So, take that for example. As Girl Guides, we are in charged of cleaning the pond every once in a while, or like, when it gets dirty and murky enough that you cannot see any fish. And yes, that's the time when we have to roll up our sleeves, roll up our pants and step into the greenish-murky water and clean the pond.

Sounds disgusting right? I know. When I was first told of this errand, I went ballistic. My eyes bulged and I had goosebumps. But then when thought of how big of a spoilsport I was being, I softened and tried to smile it off. Even though, yea, I didn't like the idea of stepping into greenish-murky water in which FISH stayed. Not to mention we were assigned to clean the pond on the FIRST day of the Raya holidays. Ew.

But then, I realised that, all of my close friends, being Girl Guides themselves, were also required to come and help clean the pond. And then amidst the loud declarations of "I'm coming!", "Of course I'll be there!" and "Yes, yes, yes!!! I am coming! Will you stop asking already???" from all my friends, I suddenly felt excited for the pond-cleaning day. And on the night before The Big Day, I couldn't sleep. :D :D :D

So then, when the day finally came, I was so excited and I had soooo much fun cleaning the pond!! Really! Even stepping into the disgusting pond water turned out to be pretty fun. Haha.

That is the greenish-murky pond water I was talking about.

Look there's me! Emptying the pond of it's water before scraaaaaaaaping the alga off the walls. :D :D :D

One-two scrape, one-two scrape! XD XD XD

I caught the little bugger!!! XD XD XD

There's Sally, trying to catch another fish. :D :D :D

There's Cherrie. Cleaning the floor of the pond. More like, 'pretending' to clean the floor of the pond just so she would get a good shot that shows she actually helped. Hahahaha.

So you see, everything becomes fun and exciting when you go through it with the right people. And in my life, my friends are the right people. :)

So at the end of the day, we were all happy and satisfied that we went through the whole disgusting experience together. And the fact that we had a clean pond to report to the school administrators when the holiday ends. :)

Ciao.

Photobucket

No comments: