Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Painful Memory

One day, by the window, I pictured you,
Breathing lightly, your eyes closed, your lashes curled,
Your chest rising and falling in rhythm,
Your beautiful, thin lips relaxed,
At once, the memories came flooding back,
The way you cheated and got me hurt,
The way you lied,
I could even recite those words in my mind,

You told me clearly you would be there for me,
And your lips were only for me to kiss,
That your arms spread wide,
You would hug me, the one you love,
What sweet words those were,
But how sweet is sweet, I question,
When they only serve, hollow and empty,

Away you were for days of three,
I was left at home, awaiting your return,
Sitting by the fireplace as the flames danced,
Photos of us I put to burn,
The flames shook vigorously in motion,
The fire grew so hot; I felt your presence,
I looked around only to find the vacant bedroom,
The untouched coverlet, the neat sheets,
The dust that resided upon,

I remember, so vividly,
How you turned your back at me,
Tears trickling down my cheeks,
Holding him close against yourself,
Your cerise lips upon his,
I felt my heart plummet,
Falling into the depths of my bare figure,
Emotionless, motionless I lay,
Waiting for daylight to come,
Wishing I would wake up,
To find this all a dream,

But no dream can beat a fantasy,
Reality awaits, I shall stand up,
To retrieve what I deserve, no, not you,
But my love that you left to rot,
Yes, I shall get my love back, from a man,
Someone who loves me, unlike you,
My clothes I will pack, to leave you,
Away from your side, I shall be,

But memories that we both share,
Will reside here, in this little heart,
Though we’re apart,
You will remain, as someone,
Someone who had my love,
Someone, whom I have loved,
You are, and shall always be,
A painful memory.


One of my favourites. :) This was inspired by a scene of a show I watched online. First, note that this poem is about a relationship between two lovers who are guys. Okay now, stop with the assumptions. There is nothing different about a gay relationship than a normal hetero one. Love is love. :) Together we fight homophobia and discrimination! Am promoting the fight against homophobia and discrimination! :D Love me people! :)

Okay so this guy, who practises one-night-stands all too often, one day brings one of his tricks back home. He doesn't care if his lover is watching, he does it on purpose. You see, he and his lover have got a really complicated relaitonship. He does love his boyfriend, but on the surface, he is always trying to preserve his egoistic personality and he denies that love exists. His boyfriend knows that despite all the denials, his boyfriend does love him. However, because his boyfriend denies it, he has to live with the false fact that his boyfriend does not give a damn about him. And that's why he is forced to watch his boyfriend doing stuff with his tricks *blushes* and not say anthing about it. Because everytime he gets angry, his boyfriend questions him, "Who are you to tell me what I should and should not do?" And he can't say that he it's because he is his boyfriend because duh, his boyfriend denies it. And so basically, this poem is about the pain this guy is living, for loving such an idiot.

But of course I altered the story a bit, because I'm not rewriting the scene, I just used their relationship as inspiration. :) I made the poem a little more dramatic, and I really like it. :)

Ciao.

Photobucket

No comments: