Saturday, November 14, 2009

Enjoy! ;)

A short story I came up with because I was too freaking bored with my Sejarah textbook.

Jein

It was the best feeling ever. To be able to have everything. To be able to get anything you possibly think of. To be able to feel whatever feeling you preferred to feel. And that was how it made me feel. That was how it changed my life.

I had been in my job as a freelance journalist for more than three years. Apart from that I made a living through blogging. I always had exciting jobs and advertorials to do but it never seemed to be enough for me. I had always wanted something extraordinary and absurdly exciting in my life. I wanted to be free. I wanted everything I could possibly want at any moment of the time. It seemed impossible and, well, absurd, even to myself. But my perception changed after I found the treasure of my life.

Apart from my boyfriend, this was something I would never have dared to wish for, because it was simply impossible. But one fine day, while I was walking to the train station as usual after my freelance interview with one of the fashion people in Bryant’s Park; I took a different route which led me to a dumpster. I was busy texting my boyfriend at that time, so that could have been why I didn’t see where my legs took me.

Anyway when I finally lifted my head to see where I was headed, instead of looking at the usual train dashing pass me, I saw that I was at this really secluded lane, where its walls were all covered in graffiti and its floors were strewn all over with rubbish. My instinct told me to walk away but something behind the rubbish dump caught my attention. It was shimmering with the very little light that came through and its glitter was impossible to miss. I walked to it and found that I was looking at the most beautiful lamp ever.

It was golden in colour, with all these ancient carvings all along its body. It was a little bit smeared with dirt so naturally I gave it a little rub to clean it. Then in the dim lighting of the lonely street, out came this big puff of red smoke from the snout of the lamp. I was petrified with fear and I kept my eyes locked on the silhouette that emerged from the red blur.....



...to be continued...


PS> Leave a comment if you want more/updates. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freelance journalist? Interesting job...

IMCurtain.com

Kevin Chan said...

update!

Kevin Chan said...

=D

Jo-Yee said...

!cmajor> yay! ok i will update. haha thanks for reading (=

ashley1812 said...

Aladdin much?? Haha. Sounds like what I see myself as in the next few years... except I won't be doing Fashion Week. I'm undereducated in fashion. Haha.

Jo-Yee said...

hahah i know! i tried substituting the lamp with something else but that would have been even funnier. haha

haha i know right! i wanna do that in few years too!