Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You think the route to becoming a Queen's Guide is easy?

Helllllooooooooo! Did you all miss me? Do you all miss me??? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D enough.

It's been a long time since I've last posted right? But that is because I stuck to my promise and only came online during the weekends! During which I was soooo busy I hadn't the time to post anything! :D

But then, oh no don't think I'm contravening my own rules again just because I am blogging YET again on a weekday, cos I am totally allowed to use this opportunity to replace the time I would have used to blog during the last weekends if I wasn't busy okay. So he he he. :D Some more I am doing my school work ma. Memang need internet access one so I am not online for blogging stupid reasons okay. Don't think of me like that. ):

UPDATES! :D Something very shocking happened to me about a few days ago. Easter eve I think. It was very terrible. It was so abysmal I even considered committing suicide JOKING JOKING how long you know me already still don't know that I will never commit suicide one. D: (Some more considering how happy-happy I am writing this post it's obvious I'm no where near THAT demented okay) Anyway.

I was going to blog about it, but somehow I lost the adrenaline and muse then I decided to post about something else instead. Next time when the feeling comes back, only then I'll write about it la.

Moving on.

Today I told Miss Biology that I wanted to pull out from the Biology Quiz she submitted my name to, because I would be busy with Bengkel Selalu Sedia (BSS) (if you guys have been paying attention to my blog you all will know what this is. Hor, don't know la. Fine, don't want tell you. ):)

I expected her to just glare at me as would be her usual respond but this time I was in for something even bigger. First she indirectly condemned me of my inability to manage my time. Then she proceeded to condemning Cherrie's artwork for her Projek Khidmat Masyarakat 3 Bulan (PKM3B). Oh no she was not done, then she continued vilifying the whole Girl Guide Society claiming that us Queen's Guides to be are just a bunch of liars for we are doing nothing significant to earn our title (AS IF SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING LIKE THAT). Then right, (jor, running out of connectors already) she continued vilifying everything there is to be vilified in this world and then elucidated that the three Queen's Guides in our school last year who got their titles were also a bunch of undeserving liars.

To which I have only ONE thing to say:

WHATEVER.

Let me enlighten all of you of the REAL process to earning the Queen's Guide title. But let me warn you first that this post might end up very boring but I don't care because I want to LET EVERYONE KNOW that this title is NOT AS EASY SHIT AS YOU THINK.

First, to qualify for Pandu Puteri Remaja, candidates will have to pass a series of tests, which include ikatan, outdoor survival skills (fire-starting, camping, innovative skills when facing danger/adversity during the outdoors) health tests, stalking skills, (I'm serious. This is supposed to teach us how to observe and watch people/enemies without being found out) etc. And then we will have to transform all of those tests that we've passed into writings in a report book called Log Book (Buku Log Kemajuan Pandu Puteri Remaja) which I'm sure most of you have read a gazillion times before about how I hate doing them.

Then, the next step, we will have to qualify for our Pandu Puteri Renjer. This also includes all the aforementioned tests, only with more maturity and increased difficulty level. The additional part of this test requires candidates to dig out histories of Malaysia, as well as the geographical location of Malaysia, within Malaysia, and then within the states and towns in Malaysia. It is HARD work okay. Yes, candidates may download information from the internet, but the Malaysian webpages are always "improvising works are in progress" and so how easy do you think it is to even extract a MODICUM of information about Malaysia from the internet? Plus we are not allowed to copy-paste our findings so we will have to either retype the whole thing or summarise the whole pasage or something and then transform all that into writing in another log book, this time named Buku Log Kemajuan Pandu Puteri Renjer.

And then there are individual log books that we have to do. One will have to fulfil all the requirements stated in the guide book which sometimes include very time-consuming activities like travelling, collecting, interviews, cooking, washing, painting, singing, acting, writing, research, observation, public speaking, outdoor skills, innovation skills, people skills, leadership (basically EVERYTHING there is to be learned) bla bla bla. And then to qualify for Queen's Badge, multiply the number of log books with 22. Yes. We have THAT many log books to do BEFORE we can officially earn our QG title.

And what about practical work? In total we will have to have organised TWO official camps WITHOUT even a MODICUM of help from teachers or whatever. You think that's easy? Do you even KNOW the word camp? We have to consider the safety of the participants, their food and welfare, accommodation bla this that this that.

And to have reached this stage, ALL OF US 6 QGCs of SMK(P) Bukit Kuda, Klang have completed ALL the aforementioned tests/work/stress/pressure.

So WHO is she to say that we are undeserving our of title after ALL we've DONE? She did NOT even see ANYTHING we've done except our PKM3B which we've done recently (I'm still trying to finish it. Amen.) She only has her stupid mouth to keep critising people and pointing out mistakes AS IF she herself is a saint or something. To which I can only respond: PUKE PUKE PUKE PUKE GAG GAG GAG GAG

I know there is this thing that people have been meaning to ask, but refrained because doing so would sound rude, and I'm about 99.9% sure this question is running across in your mind too while you're reading this post:

If it's so cumbersome stressful pressuring bad ugly whatever adjective to describe something bad and boring then WHY do you all still want to do it?

Well. It's all about determination, goals and boasting.

Seriously. It is. Well, to ME it is, I don't know about the rest of the 5 QGCs in our school...

DETERMINATION
I want to do this simply because I want to prove to people that I'm not someone who gives up easily and also, I want to excel in my co-curricular (as well as my academic; but I think I've got that in hand pretty well. Only when I study la of course :P) to form a good foundation for me for when I want to apply for scholarship to pursue my education. (wtf so many for one) Do you guys know that the Queen's Guide title/certificate is recognised nationwide? That means when I apply for some local universitiy/college/scholarship or whatever and they evaluate my co-curricular background, my Queen's Guide title would constitute FULL MARKS. So isn't it completely LOGICAL that I pursue this QG badge?

GOALS
I have lots of goals. As you already know, I conjecture. The most important goal that I want to achieve through this title is significance (despite what stupid Miss Biology has to say). Yes. I want to be remembered, to make a mark in school, to continue to be talked about in school even after I've graduated. Because otherwise what is the whole point of school (knowledge-gaining aside)? You waste 5 years of secondary education in high school and then you are just going to graduate without leaving anything significant behind? Well, I want to be remembered by my teachers and Juniors as someone who's at least achieved something in school. Plus, I want to test my limits. I want to test if I can go as far as to complete all the cumbersome log books and stuff, and then ultimately I can achieve my goal of patience. Next is because I want to make Puan Ding happy and proud. Finish.

BOASTING
Cannot meh? You want to complain that I am such a bragger but YOU GOT ANYTHING TO BRAG ABOUT OR NOT? No la. I am not a mean person. What I mean by boasting is that feeling that makes you feel proud of yourself when you get to showcase to people that you've achieved something. It's a great feeling to be showered with compliments you know. Don't deny la you. Maybe you just don't want to admit it because you've never been complimented before HAHAHAHAHA. Plus being successful (yes, achieving the Queen's badge constitutes successful to me because I (am about to have) achieved it, are/do/did you?) is the only way people are going to respect you and take you seriously.

So you see. It all makes sense. I'm sure you are probably going, "There are other ways to become successful la bla bla bla," but please come back from your ideas of publishing a book, writing articles for national newspapers, earning money from your own efforts (wtf sound like May Zhee only) and all that because mind you, we're in HIGH SCHOOL and only very determined people can do that. Can you? Then you're probably going, "Yes I can." But my question is, Are you doing it?

Well, that's where you're losing out. Because I'm doing something in my life. I'm doing something with my life. Just because it happens to be something I don't entirely enjoy, but doesn't that just make my efforts more worthwhile and significant when I do achieve it?

Please. I've said this before and I'm going to say it again:

Please think of your own inadequacies first before you go vilifying other people.
.
Ciao.

PS> I know Miss Biology has published her own books already but she's doing that only at the age of what? 4 decades old? Okay la it's quite an achievement also but does that give her the right to criticise others? NO. I'm getting more and more convinced that she's a two-year-marriage-divorcee rather than a 5 decade-old virgin I originally thought she was, given her total inability in staying civilised in her daily life. To which I can only say, Praise God for saving one man's *coughheralleged/rumouredex-husbandcough* life.

PPS> Okay I am so mean.

PPPS> I just realised! My first left-aligned post! :D Preeeeeeeeeettttyyy! :D :D :D

No comments: