Monday, April 6, 2009

My 17th Birthday! :D

Okay so I know I'm abit late, only posting pictures of my 17th Birthday about almost a MONTH later, but I was busy okay? (translation: I was lazy :D AND I'm sorry if I sound stupid for asking this question but is it just me who's not found a better and faster way to upload photos to Blogger or is it that Blogger memang only allows FIVE photos at MAX to be uploaded at a time?) If it's the former, then pleeeaseeeee in the name of all that is holy enlighten me of the way to do so, and if it's the latter, @*#^&#$&$#&^ Blogger!!!!!!!!! No I was not swearing, my typing just went haywire that's all. Thank you very much.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, my 17th Birthday! :D Aren't you all as excited to see the pictures as I am to post them? :D :D :D

This one is when my friends, Cherrie and Mae Vin decided to con me into joining a little mamaking they planned WHEN in actual fact it was actually a celebration for MY birthday! :D

So there's my cake! And who else but me gets to have a cake with such true words written on it?
To The Greatest Person On Earth, Jo-Yee! Hell Yeah! :D
Okay so I can't exactly say I didn't already know that they were planning this party for me (pleeeeeaseeee do not tell Cherrie and Mae Vin this because I pretended to not have known anything to give them the satisfaction of actually succeeding in surprising me hahahahahaha) because erm, to be honest, they aren't very good hiders (does this word even exist? Doubtful) and/or liars. Haha. :D
.
Nevertheless, thanks darlings for bothering to even plan a surprise for me (knowing full well that you will most probably fail huhuhuhuhu)! :D
Mae Vin, Atika, May Shuen, Cherrie, Xin Yi, Ashley, Zee Yeng, Me (the giant), Rock Chan and Seow Wei!

Oh no, you think they are such nice people don't you? You are WRONG. Like every other birthday celebrations we've had with other friends, they wanted me to go through the same tradition and that is, retracting the candle which they have thrust almost completely into the cake, out from the cake using my TEETH. Risking the possibility of having my facial oil glaze the cake for extra flavour (or stench. I prefer to believe the former). I mentioned this to them and they didn't care. They still wanted me to go on with the tradition. Gosh, I didn't know they were this desperate to taste my facial oil. Should have told them to just lick my face instead.

And so the traditional process begins!

THANK GOD they didn't have a picture with my face all decorated prettily with cream because that scenario totally didn't happen! Haha! :D Number 1, you know how things can never be hidden from me? Yups, so I actually predicted that they would want me to perform the candle-biting tradition so I purposefully bought a cake which had no cream! :D Andddd Number 2, I was quick! :D So before they even managed to push my head into the cake, I already bit the candle out! :D Hohohohoho!

And then everybody's favourite part of the night: Cake-eating time.

Everybody looks so desperate for a piece of cake kan? Their saliva drooling all over the table, eyes bulged to intense proportion, lots of ritual stomping of feet along with chants of "I. want. cake. I. want. cake. I WANT CAKE!!!!!"
Okay fine, that picture totally did not show such dramatic scenario but bare with me la okay.
Cos What's life without abit of drama?

Similarly like What's a Picture Post without a photo of a pretty girl?

Also What's a birthday celebration without a totally hot and gorgeous birthday girl named TANG JO-YEE Roti Tisu?

MOVING ON! :D

Dinner at The Ship with Daddy, Mummy, April and Tommy! :D

This is what Daddy ordered. Some steak with garlic sauce or something. I refused to take note of the name of his dish because he refused to give me a stick of his baby carrots. Stingy. In the end he didn't even finish them okay! ):

This is what Mum ordered. Baked fish something something something. This time I don't remember because........I just don't remember. Hahahaha. Not a fan of fish la. :D

Hah! This I remember! Because it was my dish! It was the most awesome dish of the night! :D And it was mine! Or maybe I said that already! But whatever! It's called.................Roasted Lamb Rack!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Okay so I lied. I don't remember the name of this dish as well. But I'm pretty sure it's something like that. Is it my fault that The Ship names their dishes with such long and complicated names and also that once the food arrived I totally forgot to even BOTHER to remember the name of the dish because I was so totally mesmerised by the aroma emanating from it??? NO, it is NOT. So don't call me a glutton who knows only to eat and not remember dish names okay! eventhough technically I am

But the lamb rack I ordered was a really good dish, promise. (: Verdict: The lamb was very tender and the sauce was awesome and the brocolli was very tender and the corn was awesome repeat for the rest of the stuff on the dish please thank you very much bye!

I seriously don't know why the only pictures of human I managed to snap that night was of my sister and Tommy. Seriously. I was the Attention Of The Night but do you see me in any photos? Noooooo! Unless if I was one of the lamb racks. Sheeeeesh.

Or maybe it wasn't a celebration for my birthday but a celebration for my sister for obtaining good results for her STPM! Oh my God! O_O

Bad side: I was cheated into such bliss during the night whereby I danced around the restaurant half-naked singing "Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeeeee...!~" and got hauled to the police station for indecent exposure JOKING JOKING
Good side: Dad is now back to owing ME a birthday dinner! :D :D :D More fooooooooooood! :D

This is the cake Mum bought me which she claimed was the BEST CAKE IN THE WORLD until everyone took a bite of it and fell to the floor and DIED.
Joking, it just wasn't as good as (the stupid Fruitty Cakehouse person said it would be) my Mum thought it would be.

And Ta-Daaah! The Princess Diaries Book 10! The final instalment to the series! :D Heeheehee. Cherrie, Mae Vin and Xin Yi got it for me. Awwww... (:

Okay so that wraps up my Picture Post for my 17th Birthday. Thank you very much for even bothering to read ciao goodbye see you next time.


Okay la. I'll give a proper thank you speech to all of you who have made me so happy and blissful for my 17th Birthday la okay? (:

Thank you Cherrie and Mae Vin (and Xin Yi) for going through all the trouble of planning me this little mamaking and also for the book. (: I'll try to forget the lame attempt you guys tried to present me with the gift by hanging the book in front of my mirror (because according to you, I never fail to check the mirror every five minutes or so to see if my hair is out of place or whatever which is so untrue because I am not that narcissistic thank you very much) so that you guys would be spared the awkward situation of handing me the gift (lest I don't like it but HELLO. How would I not like TPD Book 10 anything you guys buy me?????)

And thanks Atika, May Shuen, Rock Chan, Seow Wei, Ashley and Zee Yeng for coming to celebrate my birthday with me, and also all the little gifts you guys brought along. (: Sorry no pictures because I forgot to snap snap snap so I'll post them another time. Heeheee. :D

Thanks also to Zoey, Sue May, my cousins, Mummy and Daddy, April and everyone else for all the gifts and birthday wishes you guys gave me. :D

Sooooo I guess that's all! :D

Ciao! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No comments: