Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This Is Life

I guess sometimes life is just that: life. Ever changing, ever surprising, ever anything that you can never imagined.

Okay so why am I babbling so philosophical all of a sudden? Because I have been hurt. Oh, it was a very subtle type of pain, but it's there. And the most painful part? I have to force myself to accept it.

Imagine, people, that one day your friend, A invited you to go DVD shopping with her. Having wanted to buy a few DVDs yourself, you become eminently estatic, both at the prospect of going for the DVD shopping AND also the prospect of watching the DVD with your friend A.

So technical problems occur, the DVD shopping had been delayed. A few days later, you came to know that your friend A had gone and bought the DVDs herself (one of them a movie that you both initially wanted to watch together) and then arranged to watch that particular movie with her other friend, B without even bothering to ask whether or not you wanted to join them. What was worst? She made the arrangement with her friend B RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.

Wouldn't you feel hurt? I mean, she'd made plans with you, and then without information at all she just blew you off and then went on to another arrangement with her other friend?

Okay so now let me reveal the people labelled 'you', 'A' and 'B'. 'You' is of course me, duh, 'A' is my sister, April and 'B' is obviously her boyfriend, Tommy. I know this incident is not a big deal and that it is common knowledge that when you have a boyfriend, he automatically monopolises all your time and then family bonding begins to fade and fade. Noooo, it is not any of our faults. It is just the way it is. (to me, at least, it is the way your EXCUSE is) No one is to be blamed. WHATEVER.

Is that really any way to hurt my feelings, by blowing me off just like that? Sometimes I wonder WHY I even made plans with her in the first place, knowing full well that she has the tendency to break her promises whenever the name of her boyfriend ever arises. Seriously, why do I even care?

So, this is life isn't it? Full of disappointment and broken promises.

You know what? I have found the perfect solution to this. The perfect solution to make me feel happy again. But the thing is, I have neither the capacity nor the time, nor the chance even, to execute this:

Go shopping. Seriously. I really really really want to go shopping right now. I know I don't have alot of money, but I want to have new things. I'm greedy but I don't care. I WANT to go shopping. And I think I deserve to go too, considering the fact that I spent the whole of last two weeks doing school projects. I SOOOOOO deserve a full shopping day. Alone. Without people to bug me or bother me or whatever.

It is fun to go shopping alone you know. At least you can head to whichever shop you intend to go, and you wouldn't need to consider anybody else's feelings except your own. And I also want W910i (gold colour) because it's fucking cheap right now but I'm comtemplating whether to spend the 300 bucks on the phone or my hair (I want to straighten my hair because its so long now! :D).

Hmmmm. Tough decision........

Well, I guess that's enough. I was feeling damn sad when I started the post but I'm feeling soooo much better right now. Must have been the shopping talk. It always does the trick. (:

Ciao.

No comments: