Friday, August 13, 2010

Love. ♥

I just want everyone to understand that what I’m doing now, what I appear to be now, does not prove that I am a slut or a bitch or a stuck up whore.

I’m just trying to hold my guard, and try not to slip into measly mistakes that I am bound to fall into if I’m careless. I am trying to be careful. I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore. And most of all, I am selfish: I don’t want to get hurt anymore.

There are so many types of friends I’ve had throughout my life. Those who stay, those whom I’ve been close to but then drifted apart, those that are lost and found…

I cannot say which type I like best, because I believe true friendship stays unanalysed. There is no necessary need to gauge a true friendship, because the pureness of a relationship is inertly understood between the members of this sacred connection.

If there is one thing in this world that I do not like to associate with Science, it is the fact that humans can fall in love and feel affection.

Despite all the apparently proven reports about oxytocins, pheromones and other chemicals or hormones that are said to incorporate this sense of affection that we have for another person, I still prefer to regard love and affection as something inexplicable, unexplainable, and a lovely mystery.

It may not be completely true, but that is how I like to perceive love. It is special. To me, it is. It is not easy to love someone, to have a strong affection for someone, it is only something that can be enforced by other emotions, whether pain or happiness, as long as they affect our well-being, it enforces love.

If it’s lust, then to me, it’s all scientific and chemicals.

But love, it’s different. I know this whole blog post is really cheesy and some of you might not even agree with me… but… I don’t really care. These are my opinions, and this is the way I like to see things.

It doesn’t have to be true, as long as I feel it this way.

Hmm… So, what I’m trying to say is, I’m really glad that I have people who I love in my life, people who I am afraid to lose, people who love me for who I am, people who are afraid to lose me as well..

Friends, family…

All of a sudden I feel lucky. And I don’t know what motivated me to write this, but right now, I feel content.

I want to be happy. I want to live a simple life. I want to be able to smile when I wake up and smile when I go to bed.

No drama, no fights, no nothing… It’s exhausting to try to fight back, or to resist. That’s why I’ve decided to choose nothing, but to let things choose me. Let them fight for me. I’m done fighting. I’m tired. I surrender.

I’ll just wait with a smile.

Love. Can you feel love the way I feel it?

No comments: