Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My near-death experience.

18 July 2009

It's a month ago, but nevertheless, it scarred me for the rest of my life.



It was at some housing area near the Kong Hoe roundabout. Sorry I don't know what jalan it was because my Mum and I don't usually go there. So, I was in the car with my Mum.



Embarrassingly, my Mum was talking to me about lipstick. She was droning on and on about which colour she liked best, the code they carried and all that. I didn't know why she was telling me all this because I for the love of God do NOT apply lipstick. So I was busy ignoring her, and of course, given that I was in the front seat, I was busy;



CAMWHORING, duh! and also, seeing as how my Mum just bought a new mascara, I was trying it on. Embarrassing la I know, but cannot mer? It is not my fault that I have short eye lashes okay.



So, the red round thing is our car and the blue one is the other person's car. We were going slowly, and little did we know that at the junction, they was ANOTHER car coming. And it was going fast. When I say fast, I MEAN fast. Before I even managed to freak out and scream out loud;









The impact threw me and my Mum off our seats. I was stunned at that time, I didn't know what happened. I only knew that my back hurt like crazy.



Apparently, the impact also threw the bumper of the car off its place.

A few moments after that I heard the ambulance siren. Someone must have called them.



It was very scary to hear everyone bustling around trying not to freak out but failing miserably. I broke several bones from several parts of my body but thankfully I didn't OH ALRIGHT. I lied.



There was no ambulance. I did not suffer from any broken bones or whatever. The only part damaged was the car. Or should I say the carS, because to be fair, the other person's car was hit quite badly too.





What? It's not my fault that I made up stories okay. I just wanted this incident to sound more interesting. But the lipstick talk and the camwhoring + mascara were totally real! I swear!



It was extremely scary because just LOOK at the car! I mean carS! Just looking at the damage almost made me feel the pain the carS were suffering from. My Mum's car WHOLE front bumper FELL OFF okay. FELL OFF.

Ouch.



If my Mum's car were human, it'd be a toothless person by now.



So, being the kind, kind person that I was, I carried the car's teeth bumper to the boot and kept it there, so that it could be installed back to its place.

No I'm kidding. I just thought it was extremely weird to leave some car's teeth BUMPER in the middle of the road so I shifted it to the boot.



The shattered glass. Scary...



I STILL canNOT get over the fact that my Mum's car looked like a toothless person. I mean, I know it was sad and painful and agonising and all that but then...but then...

It was just so FUNNY!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

During the accident I knew everything had to be serious and all that but I almost burst out laughing when I saw the car's toothless face! I had to shield my face from my Mum too because she would totally kill me if she saw me laughing at a CAR ACCIDENT. Which involved us BOTH, no less.



But I knew I had to be thankful you know, because look at the picture. That was where the collision occurred, and all three of us were fortunately saved from being hit. Only, you know, the car lost its teeth. (HAHA okay sorry)

But imagine if my Mum had gone FASTER than she had been going at that time.



The collision would have ended up;



THERE. And my Mum would be CRUSHED. Oh gosh, just looking at that picture gives me goosebumps. You see? That COULD have happened! And I wouldn't even be here BLOGGING if that had happened.


Gosh, you see. When we were at the junction, the other person did not slow down when she made a turn, because it was a housing area and she thought there wouldn't be any cars around. But that is SO not an excuse okay! I mean, it was a HOUSING AREA. Kids could be RUNNING around chasing butterflies and balls and each other (it's balls and each other okay, not each other's balls), and she could have hit EITHER of them any other time! She so ought to be MORE careful.

You see, when she made the turn, she did NOT stop her car to check whether there was any car or not and worse, she was going like 1000 km/h! Okay exaggeration but you know what I mean. She was FAST. And look what happened! She hit us. D:



Luckily my Mum was busy talking about LIPSTICK to go as fast as she usually does and therefore no lives were taken. STILL. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CAREFUL OKAY.

So then my Mum had to go to the police station to make a report and everything. Fortunately, I found all this very interesting and fascinating because I had NEVER been to a police station before, let alone MAKE a report about an accident I was involved in.



Surprisingly, it turned out that ALOT of people were involved in accidents too on the same day! There was a guy with a VERY long cut on his forehead and it was bleeding and he was pressing it was a white cloth (which magnified the colour red and freaked me out no end) and there were these two other people who were kind of arguing, you know, shifting blames saying the other hit the other and not the other way round.



So we had to sit down and wait for our turn. Or rather, my Mum had to sit down and wait for her turn. I on the other hand, had more important things to do. :D


My Mum was not very happy when I tried to snap a picture of the menacing looking policeman by the desk counter so I didn't/couldn't. ): It would have constituted good blogging material okay!



Seeing as how I am an author at my own blog and all (I don't call myself a Blogger, because I believe that title should be earned and not claimed. You know, like Xiaxue and all?), and also that it was the first time I was involved in an accident and visiting a police station, I wandered around taking photos and thinking up great ways to produce a good post! :D




You know, the Klang police station is actually a very clean place. And there were alot of police cars! I love police cars I think they're gorgeous! :D



Funny how when I went into the Pejabat Pertanyaan, the first and ONLY thing I smelled was cigarette smoke. Oh well, maybe the room fragrance they used was cigarette smoke-flavoured. *shrugs*


The good thing I guess, from this accident is we got to claim all expenses to rectify the damage of our car from the other person's car insurance. It WAS her fault after all. And also, we FINALLY got an excuse to make-over our car! :D And it was no joke okay, the car is (and LOOKS) almost 13 years old!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But now it looks almost 3 MONTHS old at the max! :D





So, really, I want to urge all drivers out there to please, please PLEASE drive with moderate speeds. Don't speed when you drive ESPECIALLY around housing areas cos you never know what's gonna happen! I know it's very fun and HIGH and all that shit to feel the wind in your hair and look like a Sunsilk model and everything, but really, if you hit someone/something, it scars you for life.


Like how this accident scarred ME for the rest of MY life. Though not physically, thank GOD.

And of course, the one and only thing I owe my life to...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


...is of course the LIPSTICK TALK which prevented my Mum from driving as fast as she usually does.

Without it, me and my Mum would have perished in the 18 July 2009 car accident.

Ciao.

Gosh I am such a Drama Queen. ;)

8 comments:

Viya said...

Seems like careless driving to me... u r lucky!

Jo-Yee said...

haha i know. i;m so glad to be alive! :D

Donna said...

luckily it's proton bang proton.

just dropping by.

Jo-Yee said...

haha :D

aReaL said...

Haiya... Kasihan La U... Hehehe... Hope Both Of U Have Save... Dont Drink & Drive.. Hehehe

Jo-Yee said...

hahha thanks and cheers! :D no pun intended! :D

Johnny Ong said...

i wonder why there were so many police patrol cars doing inside the police station .... it shldn't be called a patrol car if it's not doing the job of patrolling

Jo-Yee said...

Yea hor! never tot about that b4! hahaha. they curi tulang! :D