Saturday, June 13, 2009

Let's post about Cell Group Meeting 11 June 2009!

Obviously from the title, yesterday, 11 June 2009, I went for Cell Group Meeting (CGM)! :D And it was fun! Because Daniel's house is very big! And Daniels's mum, Aunt Eunice (I think it's spelled like this gua) cooks very awesome awesome food! :D And Daniel's little sister, Anabelle is so cute! And Daniel's father, Mr Ekman (a name he acquired recently after he accepted God and Jesus) was even cuter when he related his stories to us! :D

So at first right, I didn't know if I should go for CGM. Because I had a THOUSAND homework which I had yet to complete (CEH why am I typing this in PAST TENSE as if now I already finished my homework like that). So in the end I decided to go because since CGMs are held on Thursdays, the chances of me getting to go on a school week is NIL. So I quickly took advantage of the holiday week to go. And Mum said for this week, it's either service (Sundays) or CGM. So of course I chose CGM lo. Or not I will never have the chance to go anymore. Until holiday. Which is months away.

So I went to Delta to hitch Andrew's ride. He is so nice lo. Fetch us here and there, like Ahmad only. Haha I AM JOKING. And then he was very surprised that Cherrie had come too because she only decided to come very last minute. But then it was all very fun when I gave everyone in the car souvenirs that I have bought from Terengganu.

Then right, halfway through Zee Yeng and Xin Yi talked about iPhones being priced at only RM360++. Then Andrew said if we get straight As for SPM Cell Group will buy for us! :D Yays! Then this Zee Yeng bo rasa so Andrew said if Zee Yeng gets straight As CG will buy her Vincci shoes! Haha. So logic right, then finally this ZY only got rasa. Haha.

During CGM, we played a very very fun game called Big Fish, Small Fish. And I promise you, the game is as fun as it sounds. I don't know how to explain it here, but the idea is you have to switch from saying Big Fish! to Small Fish! whenever required accompanied by respective actions. So throughout the game everyone was screaming Big Fish! Small Fish! Big Fish! Small Fish! then suddenly Isaac got confused and screamed Big Shit! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so funny and cute right! Hahahahaha, so then he was punished to pose while we took pictures of him. And one photo he did a very gaya and sexy pose! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA if I manage to get the picture I show you all okay!

Then Andrew thought us how to pray that day. We had to be specific, and he also said that whatever we ask for, we are required to give back in the same amount too. I thought that it was completely logic. For only with respect for others can one gain respect for oneself. Only with 100% effort can one gain 100% success. Andrew taught us how to pray, and also how to work towards what we want to get. God wants us to tell Him what we want, he says, and if we do not ask, we will never get it.

To be completely honest, I never got myself to believe that God exists. I didn't believe in supernatural stuff, and I was very rigid to only believe in things which have been proven. Andrew said something which made me realise something important. No wait or was it Mr Ekman who said? I forgot. Haha, but anyway, it got me to realise that when something has not been proven exist, then there are actually TWO possibilities to it. One, it does not exist. Two, it does exist. All this while I have been thinking that if something has not been proven, then surely it is impossible to be real. I totally missed out on the second possibility. How stupid and foolish I have been.

But then, I cannot say I fully believe in God or supernatural stuff for now. Because there are still TWO possibilities to it. To believe and get tied to a religion is totally up to one's personal choice, you cannot simply choose to believe in something. You have to really feel it, but uptil now, to be honest, I haven't felt the presence of God, or more specifically, the feeling that God exists.

But I fully respect religions and what people believe in. Because it is all based on choices. I choose to go to Church for services, to CGMs, because I want to know, exactly, if I would one day feel the presence of God. Sometimes I go to temples (okay, very rarely) and I want to see if I can feel the presence of Gods there too. But uptil now, I have yet to feel anything. But that doesn't stop me from attending all these, because in a way, I like the things they teach you: To be the best human beings you can ever be, to do good and not evil, and all that...

During Andrew's preaching about prayers, I suddenly understood why people feel so compelled to pray and why after prayers, they feel so calm. Because when you believe in Jesus and God, and you let Them get close to you, to fill you, and put your trust in Them completely, it engulfs you in such a strong feeling of tranquility and peace. And it's true isn't it? Even if it doesn't involve God and Jesus, say if you let go of all your sad feelings and and fill yourself with complete concentration on something really happy, then you feel peaceful!

Mr Ekman says he read once in an email:
We can create light, can't we? But can we create darkness? Noooooo. That is because darkness actually does not exist. It only happens in the absence of light.
Same goes with: Cold does not exist. It only happens in the absence of, yes, you are right, heat.

And I also believe, sadness does not exist. It only happens in the absence of happiness! That's why when you let yourself close to God, and of course if you trust God completely, you will feel happy to have Him close to you, then that is where all your sadness starts to go away! Or in Andrew's words, fly away!

After singing very fun songs and after Andrew's preaching, Andrew prayed for all of us. And this part was the most emotional for me. Because as Andrew prayed for me, I felt really vulnerable and touched. I was at that time, actually very affected by a fight I had with one of my friends there, and when Andrew prayed for me it was almost as if he had known how I felt inside. And helped pray that everything would turn out to be fine again. I seriously almost cried lo. I was so touched and moved. ): Thanks so much Andrew. You are so nice. (:

So in the end we went to eat. And Daniel's Mum can cook lo! It was delicious! Mee Hoon, chicken wings and JELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE JELLY!! So sweeeeeeeeeet! :D :D :D At first the chicken wings were filled to the brim of the container but in the end only left one more piece. Imagine how much we enjoyed the food! :D The jelly also! So colourful! So sweet! So bouncy! And cut into such big slices some more so when you take you won't feel so paiseh that you take big big piece. Haha. :D

During the eating time, Mr Ekman took Andrew out to discuss something. It sounded very interesting and serious so naturally I very kepo want to know about it la. Haha. But Mr Ekman said he only wanted to confide in Andrew so we let them talk lo. Haha. At first we were so scared because we almost finished the food and then only we realised Andrew had not taken his share of food! But luckily Amy said Andrew took already so we continued eating. Haha.

At around 11pm, we finished and headed home. Daniel's mum (even when it was already so late!) and Andrew fetched all of us back home (so nice right. Fetch us come. Fetch us back. Don't know how to repay him also. He say buy big big present for him for his birthday. Haha. OKAY!).

Overall it was very fun for me. Because it was the first time I ever went for a CGM. The things they say always make me feel so moved. I wonder how they do it. Haha. I am thinking of buying a bible, because besides the fact that it is the world's most selling book and I want to boast to people that I contributed to that, I also think there are lots of things I can learn from it. Because preaches which always give me tingles, use verses from the bible.

So in the end I went back home, completely satisfied but very suppresed because no one at home would be interested to listen to my experience because they aren't interested in Christianity. So I had to laugh to myself and everything alone lo. Haha. :D I also took the time to think about things: regarding God and Jesus and the belief in them. I still don't think I am ready to accept God and Jesus. Never mind, I can wait.

I just hope the Cell members won't think I am an imposter. Give me time, okay? :D :D :D :D :D

Ciao!

3 comments:

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

I used to go to church, I think you guys know that lol. And even though I was never really converted (and the people at the church I felt weren't very welcoming, not just my opinion, but Kerry's too, and she's a regular church-goer) Mandy always encouraged me and asked me to come. Some people love their religion because they love their God and would want friends to convert because they want them to experience faith, being saved.

But I could never commit. I could never tie myself down. I do believe in God, but I could never commit to the things that came with believing in God, like going to church, prayers, and stuff like that. Even in Buddhism. I've never really fully understood it.

Maybe i sound lazy? Perhaps. But I have yet to see how beautiful religion is. I know it is, I know people say it is, but I have yet to see it for myself.

I never told anyone this but much later after I stopped going to church, Mandy sent me a Facebook message. She said she felt helpless as a best friend because she couldn't save me, because she could not bring God into my life. I've had many ill encounters with Christianity-converters, but this stung me the most as she was a very very dear friend. I could not comply, no matter how much I tried, because I couldn't commit. But what I told her, that I felt was most important, was that I didn't need saving. I am not lost, and I don't feel lost at all. Honestly that's how I really feel. And I don't feel bad about not being really religious.

So I can very well say this, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FEELING lol. I've been there before. Although, your church experience seems to sound a little more fun that mine was. I didn't commit, but it doesn't mean you can't. Religion is a beautiful thing after all. And it's times when people really need saving that they turn to religion, maybe this will be good for you. ^^

Jo-Yee said...

Haha yea. I know which Church you are talking about too. Because I also went there before. And, er, experienced what you experienced there. Haha.

That's why I love CHC so much! The people there are really nice and they had never said anything before about wanting me to convert to Christian, or GET INTO Chrisitian or whatever, because I dont personally belong to any religion. Haha.

I feel CHC really respects us as human beings and leaves the choice entirely to us. That's why I'm so drawn to it. (:

I know how difficult it is when your friend is a religious Christian, while you cannot get yourself to commit to a religion completely. Haha. I guess it is down to whether we respect each other's choices or not. (:

And I agree, a religion is a beautiful thing. It depends on what you believe, really. (:

Hitori said...

to itomaki

hahahah same here..haha..that was damn funny!!

of coz i believe in god..but i rarely go 2 tokong laa..haha..mayb bcz my mom goes so im like dun nid la.wait till spm coming onli go.hahah..

but im a believer in god.
just that i somehow felt that going to church or wtv wun rly feel ur commitment towards a religion.for me those place are the nearest place u can place urself near to god and also talk 2 others who r religious.and the place when u can calm down urself when u face problems bcz somehow u kept urself polite in these places.enuff crap.

and to ur fren,hmmm that was a bit too obsessed?i mean thats almost like muslim teaching.muslim said that those who r not muslim are lost!!crazy isnt it?so somehow i felt that christianity tries to instil that too.sighz.how can she claim ure lost just bcz u rarely go 2 church and nvr convert?

ok enuff crap.later a lot of ppl firing me and ill b hated by christians.i still think that u can encourage others to convert to christian but nvr force them by saying dude ure lost bcz ure not christian.i hope i get her wrong meaning

no offence