Sunday, July 19, 2009

I AM SO STRESSED UP RIGHT NOW.

WARNING: Long ranting post ahead. (which equals boring post la jor)

I really hate the school for having so many stupid co-curricular activities. It's almost like every MONTH that they have some stupid activity which clashes with classes. NONE of my teachers have finished teaching the whole syllabus even. And what are we, like less than FOUR MONTHS to SPM?

I know some of them are orders from the Ministry of Education or something. Even so, DON'T INVOLVE THE FORM 5's LA. And don't tell us all that shit about how if we are capable of planning our time and all that it wouldn't affect our SPM. But that's just what you EXPECT us to do right? Try to plan our time. What if we fail? Have you EVER thought about that? We are putting our SPM at risk you know!

Aerobicthon? STUPID STUPID STUPID. If you want to have it then don't involve the Form 5's la! Or if you want the Form 5's to participate then DON'T MAKE THEM PEOPLE WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF THE STUPID CHOREOGRAPHY AND ALL THAT LA. What are the teacher's doing??? Or why can't the Form 4's do it??? I know we Form 5's are the ones who are holding the high posts and all that but haven't we done enough for the House for the first semester?? If this goes on, how are we going to concentrate on studying??? We are already very stressed up as it is!

I am feeling so stressed right now. I feel like killing myself. I just got involved in an accident yesterday that made me realise if I died, it wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. For a split second I was actually convinced until I realised I would miss all the fun post-SPM plans I made with Cherrie. Great, now my purpose for continuing to live is Cherrie.

Just like how I was supposed to hold an ELS meeting last Friday. And I only made the announcement on that Friday itself. My ELS teacher came up and told me that I was irresponsible. Okay I know. But I did try to make the announcement the entire week okay! I initially planned to announce that the meeting was on on Wednesday. But then I overslept and missed school. And then I thought I had one more day to make the announcement which was Thursday but luck was totally not on my side because I OVERSLEPT AGAIN and arrived at school only at what, 9.00am? By then assembly was already over and I couldn't make the announcement.

I know it was all my fault for oversleeping but COME ON LA I did not CHOOSE to oversleep okay. Plus, she made it seem like I wasn't fidgeting the whole week because of this meeting. She made it seem like I hadn't paid any importance to this meeting at all. I DID OKAY. I am SCARED of my ELS teacher. So I wouldn't DARE to get on her bad side. When I told her of my reasons, she asked why couldn't I have called Cherrie and told her to make the announcement instead.

I almost wanted to answer, BECAUSE I COULDN'T. HOW could I call Cherrie when she was in school???????? I am so upset right now. She should have scolded me for oversleeping but NOT that I was irresponsible. Because in the end SHE DID NOT EVEN TURN UP FOR THE MEETING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh. As if that is NOT ENOUGH, poof! there is AEROBICTHON. Which meaning equals to THE STUPIDEST EVER PROGRAMME FOR ALL STUDENTS OKAY FINE FOR FORM 5 STUDENTS WHO CARE ABOUT SPM ONLY. I mean, I am totally fine with this idea, because ANYTHING that replaces Hari Kantin deserves credit except probably for A BALL (I HATE BALLS DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON IU DAY). But then isn't it more LOGIC to have Aerobicthon earlier in the year??? If there isn't enough time then DON'T HAVE IT LA. Or DON'T involve the SPM-takers. Let them peacefully FINISH their syllabus and do well for SPM.

And the stupidest thing? The teachers actually BLAME the students when they cannot finish their syllabus. HELLO. How are students in control of that, please explain? HOW are we in charge of whether or not a teacher enters class to teach, or if there is a STUPID ACTIVITY ON ON THAT DAY??? NO. In fact, we would LOVE to finish the syllabus and not get involved with stupid Hari Koperasi, Hair Sukan, Merentas Desa, AEROBICTHON, stupid club and society meetings. I don't take tuition and I am already feeling so stressed up. Imagine those who take tuition FIVE DAYS A WEEK. I am surprised they haven't collapsed and died.

And if you think I have brought this all unto myself, you are wrong. Because I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE ELS's PRESIDENT. I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE CAPTAIN OF TITIWANGSA. I DID NOT CHOOSE ANYTHING. The students nominated me and voted for me and when I wanted to back out, the teacher freaking threw me menacing glares and offensive remarks on what a quitter I was. Come on la. If I don't want the post, don't make me do it. I wouldn't have the PASSION FOR IT. And in the end who suffers? THE WHOLE SOCIETY.

I realise it is a bit too late to talk about this. But then, I have been bottling this up for the past 6 months okay. I mean, I do love my ELS, and Titiwangsa. And I can't say that I didn't embrace my posts at some point of my reign but STILL. I just CANNOT tolerate useless activities. If you want to have these stupid activities, then open the participation to people who actually WANT to do it la. Don't FORCE those who AREN'T INTERESTED AT ALL to partake la. And the teachers? They just sit by the corner doing nothing and claiming all the credit should the House or Society they are responsible over manages to succeed in something. Not to say all of them are like that, because Puan Parimala, teacher for Jerai actually DOES her job. But then the rest of the House teachers? NOTHING.

Why can't they have an Aerobicthon where the teachers think of the choreography or invite someone from outside of school or even TEACHERS WHO KNOW HOW TO DO AEROBICS to perform the stupid aerobics performance and then everyone in school just follows and then everything is done and completed and happy at the end of the day? I'll tell you why. Because the teachers are SMART. They don't want to be tied down with such a responsibility so they throw everything at students. The STUDENTS will have to conduct practices, recruit participants, think up choreography, design T-shirts and practically EVERYTHING ELSE.

If there is one thing I have in common with Miss Biology, then it is the fact that we BOTH think that co-curricular activities are a waste of time. Okay not all, but most of them. Because if the teachers want to say that they are helping the students who aren't so good academically cope with things other than education and at least have something they are good at and that not all education takes place in the classroom and all that shit, then BULLSHIT. PUN INTENDED. Because in the end they only choose back the students who are from the first classes to join the activities because they know WE give a damn about our academic and that with just a flick of their wand, I mean pen, (sorry I just watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today) they could write really mean stuff on our testimonials and then we are doomed for life.

They could use that to BLACKMAIL us. Because they know we CARE. And that we RESPECT them. They know if they forced the back class students to participate in stupid co-curricular activities they would just be IGNORED and that is why the teachers CHOOSE to force the good classes' students INSTEAD. Because we WOULD DO IT. And then in the end what happens to their theory of helping those students who aren't so good academically? GONE.

At least give us CHOICES la. THINK from our point of view. WALK IN OUR SHOES. We are VERY STRESSED OUT right now. We are almost dying. We don't even have TIME to do our homework. And even if we do, we DON'T HAVE TIME to REVISE for SPM. And suddenly the school drops the bombshell that there will be THREE SPM trial exams this year. And it starts in AUGUST. And all our time is taken up by STUPID AEROBICTHON PRACTICES AND SOCIETY MEETINGS AND UNIFORM UNIT ACTIVITIES. I am going to die now I am serious.

I can't even go to CHURCH now or even CGMs without worrying that I should be using the little time I have left to finish my HOMEWORK or oh, I don't know, REVISE FOR SPM????!?!??!!!??!!

Gosh, give us some space man.

8 comments:

Hitori said...

aiyo relax la..haha

btw my ELS agm is over.the first ever club in my skul this to hold our agm.it just means other clubs haven do their agm and we r the first to do it.hahaha
n i onli knew bout the agm on wednesday.swt..doesnt matter its ntg.
interact is over long time and scout is last saturday.finally im free!!please dun drool.hahaha..no la..haven ..still got kuiz pnb.gotta work hard.i edi decided to do my best despite our trial on september and it means sacrificing my trial result for the kuiz.doesnt matter.hahaha..

okla..dun feel so bad la..its normal wat.sumore every1 is feeling the pain rite.and its how we grow stronger from this issues and learn to cope.one essential lesson to b learnt by ppl in the good class who wants to b equally good in coco is definitely priotising.i didnt learn that last yr till this year.and good thing,i learnt it this year.

i also used to b rly stressed up.and i learnt how to priotise.coz last time i always try to finish homework(except sejarah).and of coz continue this year.but this year was very very bz.and i had to abandon my homework.hahahaha..rly..serious.
i understand that its hard to not doing homework and bare the scolding from teacher.u know.but if rly wanna find time.dun do homework la.haha.i din do my tuition homework so long d.haiz..this is life la..must skip homework catch up next time.
well its still up 2 u.for me,just dun do homework can save a lot of time.tho i don recommend la if u rly cant do that..

cheer up!

Jo-Yee said...

awww thanks! i know it's all helping us to grow. but very difficult la! ): so stressed can die. dont know whether can survive or not. haha thanks anyway.

but i dont dare to dont do homework. cos i scared teacher scold. hahah

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

I just got back from a late game of poker and am too tired to give constructive comments, but the teachers don't write your resumes, you do. They write testimonials. And it's also your own choice whether or not to include testimonials in your resume. If they have written it in your report card or something, good news, employers or colleges don't give a damn about what's on your report card. Just your final results (SPM, PMR) and your certificates, and work experience and stuff. If your teacher did by any chance write anything good in your report card, then yeah you have the choice of showing them that, but usually it's not required. I've been through applying for college and internships and I haven't touched my report card in years.

So don't stress yourself out. You don't have to be on the teachers' nice side. I was good in school not so I could get better grades or better testimonials (cos' honestly, I didn't get shit, despite being a good girl, and active in shit), it was just so the teachers wouldn't breathe down my neck so often.

Which goes to show how much of a shitty school Beekay is, IMHO. PE wasn't PE, it was do whatever-the-fuck-you-want period, we didn't have a cheerleading team because there were no boys in the school and cheerleading wasn't a 'real sport', and the first thing they bought using the money we made from Hari Kantin was a shiny plaque with the school vision on it, despite being promised white boards, which we only got several months later. The only reason I enjoyed school was because I had cool friends, and cool English teachers, like Puan Maftuhah (and she left).

And despite being a good girl, I only did homework for the subjects I liked. Because I don't see how making your own notes, which pretty means copying everything out of a History textbook, constitutes as actually learning something, or practicing whatever it is you learnt.

SHIT system is SHIT. Don't stress yourself out because of SCHOOL. Cos' once you leave, not much of it (other than your SPM and some extra curricular activities) is gonna amount to anything, and you pretty much have the extra curricular things down, just the positions are enough to cover you. That and if you can't handle high school stress, wait til you get to Uni. I may look like I'm having fun, but when you're involved in the arts industry like I am, there's a lot of practical and writing work involved.

Also just get one or two teachers to like you in case you need any references for a scholarship. That's pretty much it. When you apply for a job, you can use college and uni lecturers as references, and they prolly are more credible.

Jo-Yee said...

oh! i was looking for that word: testimonial! i tot to use resume first while i go find the correct word! thank u! haha

and yea. i know. that's wat i've been thinking, i ahve done enuf for cocurricular already. time to stop. other schools already passed down their posts. except us. sheeesh.

but right now i'm in too deep to bak out. i have to just do it already. that's why i'm so frustrated. ):

thanks anyway. if this is like the tip of an iceberg of a mush worse pressure experience, i seriously dont know how i am going to survive.

and speaking of poker.
i wanna hold them like they do in texas plays,
hold em let em hit raise it baby syat with me. i love it
lcuk and intuition play the game with spades to start...

haha love this song!

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

Jo> And that's exactly the kind of poker we play. Texas Hold Em'. Let's play when I get back. Eric's pretty good at it too I think. Now all I need to do is buy a poker set, chips and all.

Jo-Yee said...

but i suck at poker. D:

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

Jo> Have you tried Texas Hold 'Em? It's loads of fun. ^^ And if you're good at bluffing that's all you need to do to win the game. ^^

Jo-Yee said...

i am not good at bluffing i dont think. haha