Friday, September 4, 2009

MY DAD GOT STOPPED BY A POLICEMAN WHO HAD THE AUDACITY TO ASK FOR UNDERTABLE MONEY!

I know right! I feel so bummed that I wasn't there to witness it! So according to my sister, this was what happened:

My Dad was in his car, you know, swerving left and right because the traffic was damn slow and dumb. But my Dad was doing it legally and then he reached this one point where there was a police road block. Because I guess it was a seasonal period, so there were more jobs going on.

So when my Dad arrived at the policeman, the policeman scanned the car. The first policeman did not stop my Dad though and waved for him to drive on. So my Dad did. HOWEVER, the SECOND policeman, for some reason beyond me (and my sister), stopped my Dad's car and ordered for him to stop by the side and wind down the window.

My Dad was cursing though, as is the normal reaction of anyone when stopped by a policeman (okay, not everyone but still). So the policeman told my Dad, "Sir," he started, "I saw that you were driving not very carefully and overtaking a number of cars," only though, the policeman was saying all this in Malay. My Dad just looked at him.

So the policeman, wearing his stupid uniform (with his "Katakan tidak kepada rasuah!" badge pinned to his stupid chest no doubt. Have to check with my sis) had the nerve to put on his bribe-soliciting move:

So, macam mana, boss?


My sister, having not been in a situation like this before (you know, my Dad and a policeman) genuinely thought that my Dad, (sadly) like all other Malaysians, was going to pay him some pocket money so that he wouldn't issue the summon.

But to my sister's (and mine too when my sister reported this back to me) GLORIOUS SURPRISE my Dad shouted to the policeman in a voice so manly it sounded unlike his own (or was it because of what the words that followed meant?):

Macam mana? SAMAN la!

WOO-HOOOO! Tell me, is your Dad as yeng as mine? He totally bashed the policeman in his stupid greedy face and ordered for a SUMMON to be issued to him! I ask you, have you ever witnessed such a VICTORIOUS event or not?!??!

I have been trying for years and years to get the people around me to STOP bribing as that is one of the biggest problems with our government today but to no avail as these people I try to change are often adults who are a generation ahead of me. (my mum, aunt etc) -_- Seriously la, do you know when I went to Singapore once and took their cab, what the driver said to me?

He, KNOWING that I was Malaysian, because he asked where I was from (I didn't know how he could tell I wasn't Singaporean. Because Malaysia and Singapore used to be a country and so the people there wouldn't look any different. I think the way I asked for directions gave it away gua), said to my face, "Oh, Malaysia. The country known for its corruption problem."

I am not even kidding. He said that to me. TO ME FACE. And so I was forced to admit back to his face (and mine) that, "It's true." (well, something like that, I cannot remember exactly what I replied)

YOU SEE. Sia sui or not! So Malaysians, please la.

When you make a mistake on the road and get issued a summon, please pay the summon as your punishment. WHO ASK YOU TO SPEED/NOT STOP ON RED LIGHT/SMOKE/MAKE CALLS WHEN YOU DRIVE???? Actions come with their consequences, please.

And so LET'S SAY you're like my Dad who did nothing wrong but was stopped anyway, then be a HERO like my Dad and SHOUT at the policeman's face to be issued a summon! Don't give the policeman the satisfaction by giving him undertable money! Make them feel embarrassed that they dared to even ASK! Prove that you are not like the other stupid bribe-paying victims the policeman eyed upon! It's the only way we're going to be able to curb corruption!

RM200++ summon is nothing compared to a whole country free of corruption! Say YES to summo - I mean say NO to RASUAH!

MALAYSIA BOLEH! :D

4 comments:

chris federick said...

Yea, your dad did d right thing. He can also asked for the policeman's name juz to intimidate him for his greediness.
Cheers :)

Jo-Yee said...

haha that is awesome.

Melissa said...

Hey! I agree with you! I got a summon from a policeman the during Merdeka Day for speeding. And he had the guts to ask me "So, you boleh bayar RM300 kah?" He probably thought I wouldn't want to pay the full RM300 for the summon and bribe him instead, which I didn't of course.

Jo-Yee said...

cheers to melissa! haha don't let those ass think they can get us to bribe them man. stupid policemen.