Friday, March 27, 2009

The Perfect Boyfriend! :D

I have never really sat down and thought of what kind of guy I would want as a boyfriend, meaning, the guy I would spend the rest of my life with la, because all this while all I've always convinced myself that as long as he loves me and I love him back, that's all that matters. Something really important and crucial suddenly dawned on me just now and then all of a sudden I felt like I was missing a big piece of information in this BGR. (Boy-Girl Relationship for those who can't decipher it)

And that is...okay so we all know all that crap about how when you love someone you will love his flaws also, regardless of whether or not he smokes, rapes, sings loudly in public while scratching his armpits (okay I'm exaggerating), because well you love him don't you? So you've got to accept all his flaws whatsoever.

But then in reality, this is one very important detail. It is not about whether or not you are in love with this guy, it is about whether or not you can fall in love with this guy in the first place. Makes sense right? For example, all your life you hate people who smoke, take drugs and drink. And then all of a sudden, you meet this one guy who smokes, do drugs and drinks. So how are you even going to fall in love with him in the first place let alone say you accept his flaws when you do fall in love with him (let's say under inexplicable reasons)?

Okay so you're probably asking, so what if I have fallen in love with this guy first and then I find out that he smokes, do drugs and drinks? So then, there is just one question for you: How are you even able to claim that you've fallen in love with this guy when you don't even know if said guy smokes, do drugs and drinks? My theory: You can never love someone that you don't know. Never. Period.

So we cannot really put the blame on people who dislike someone because of said someone's flaws, taking the excuse that those people are just too narrow-minded to accept the difference in personality and lifestyle of the human race. But then sorry la. That is life man. If you see this robber running around stabbing people and then steals their cellphones do you go make friends with them? What? Different personality and lifestyle what. Accept them la.
.
So you see what I mean? But of course when your boyfriend has a flaw that you can tolerate, then it's all well. It's even beautiful that you accept and embrace it, but if it contravenes with your life's principles, just forget about the guy. This is your life you are talking about. Do you want to spend the rest of your life with a guy who's made you alter your life's principles (not to mention unwillingly) simply because he's too selfish to change his profligate lifestyle?

I don't know about you, but to me, NO WAY MAN. In a relationship, compromising is very important. So just now, I actually sat down and thought of the guy that I would see myself dating and wanting to spend the whole of my lifetime with. And surprisingly, I brought out facts about what I want in a guy that I myself have never even known before! :D :D :D
.
.
THE PERFECT BOYFRIEND
(in no particular order)

FAMILY-ORIENTED
I've never thought about this before but then I realise I really want a guy who cares for his family. One who does go out with his parents for shopping or anniversary dinners and all without rolling his eyes in disgust and then proceeds to stuffing his PSP into his pocket and then leaves the house grunting the whole journey. To me, if a guy knows how to treat his family well, and even enjoys their company, then you know he is BOUND to be one guy who will treat YOU right.

DOESN'T SHOUT OR TALK LOUDLY
(unless of course it's something he's really excited about and he's got no control over how loud he may sound, that's excusable)
I really despise people, especially guys who talk VERY LOUDLY or shout when they're trying to make a statement or when they're angry. That, I really cannot tolerate. For example, let's say this guy mentions something about the weather and then his girlfriend couldn't catch what he said and she goes, What? and then he shouts back, THE WEATHER!!! I really cannot tolerate someone who speaks loudly, instead of taking the mature path of explaining things in a diplomatic and peaceful manner.
And what's worse than that? A guy who goes, WHY NOT? when you tell them not to be loud. God, I just hate guys like that. So, long story short: I hate guys who raise their voices at their girlfriends. Period.

HAS MONEY
Sorry but this is the painful truth. I love money. Money makes everyone happy. Don't you deny. And so of course I like guys who have money. Even if the money's from his mum or dad, as long as he saves some and isn't completely broke when he needs to spend money, I'm fine with it. Okay so this doesn't mean I hate poor people la. I just hate people who don't make the effort to generate money or when they do generate money, they don't make it a point to save them. All they do is just spend spend spend spend. Yuck.

BUYS/MAKES/GIVES ME RANDOM THINGS
Yes this is vitally important too. Because nothing is more genuine in love than a partner who wants to make you happy 24/7. I'm serious. This is not about money and I am not a materialistic girl thank you very much (or maybe I am :P). If you couldn't bother to think up something that makes me happy, I am not going to want to date you. Sorry.

TAKES EDUCATION SERIOUSLY
Seriously man, this should be on the TOP of the list. I really really really cannot tolerate people who do not take education seriously. People who always flunk their papers simply because they are too LAZY to study. I hate people like this I am sorry. I want someone who's intelligent and more importantly, who WANTS to be intelligent. A combination of both is of course the best la. :P :P :P Yes I admit that I only want to be smart so that I can showcase my pride and show off to people that I CAN DO IT. What is wrong with that? With my pride and dignity I am definitely going to be privileged with more opportunities and chances and that is the ONLY way people in the world are going to take me seriously. So that is what I am striving for. Besides, aren't I at least better than those who just sit by the corner complaining about life and not doing anything to make a difference? Pathetics.

DOES NOT PARTY
Enough said. Well actually not, cos then you will think that I don't like guys who celebrate their own birthdays. So okay, what I mean by PARTY is, going out till the wee hours of the night, going clubbing or to cybernets, guys who think only of dancing and having fun and that's about all that revolves in their lives. I cannot tolerate people who have no goals in their lives. Serious. I like a guy who goes home at reasonable hours and even if he does stay up late, he's doing it at HOME or at a friend's place and not out and about partying and/or racing cars illegally. I want a nice, clean guy (who listens to his parents. What? Parents give the best advices okay. No I am not being sarcastic. Seriously, they do - I AM NOT BEING SARCASTIC!!!), but of course not those boring types okay.

HOT
Okay so that is not entirely true because I don't really mind looks but of course if you are hideously deformed and I cannot tolerate staring at your face for more than 3 seconds, then I won't choose you la. Save pain ma. :P But honestly, I don't mind if the guy's no Johnny Depp or David Desrosiers (though of course if he is, it's a BONUS! :D) as long as he Makes An Effort to look nice. That's all I want. Just try to look nice. No, no, want to try to look nice. It has to come from inside and not because I say so. But of course I also want a guy who's taller than I am, and at least doesn't look like an ant when standing next to me. I want a guy who appears to be able to protect me. (heck not only appear but actually ABLE to protect me)

PROTECTIVE
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss. This is the most awesome part man. I want a protective man. THAT IS ALL I WANT. (plus all those other stuff I mentioned above :P) I want a guy who shouts at dogs that bark at me (since he isn't raising his voice at me, it's fine), a guy who grabs my hand tightly when crossing roads, a guy who doesn't allow me to sit near fountains in case I fall off, a guy who holds my handbag for me (not to mention ignoring the stigma of holding a WOMAN's handbag! SUPER ROMANTIC :D :D :D) because he doesn't want my hand to feel too tired of holding it, gets all worried when I don't text back (and not annoyed) and and and, well you get the point la. I don't care if he's over-protective over stupid and weird stuff I LIKE IT. :D :D :D But of course his intentions have to be because he cares very deeply for me and not because he wants to appear manly and the dominant one in the relationship.

LISTENS TO ME
Listening is very important to me. When someone listens to you, it means that he/she cares for you. And that is very important. Even if you're rambling about what stupid incident that happened in your day or whatever, if he is willing to just listen and give appropriate comments at appropriate times, you know he is one man who's definitely worth your love. I seriously cannot tolerate guys who talk excessively about themselves. Like how they hurt their leg during this baseball game, or how they drove from KL to Klang and then back to KL again in just one minute, yadda yadda yadda.
I'm not saying that guys must always listen to girls when they talk and that girls don't have to bother to listen to what guys have to say, it's just, when you really care about someone, you will politely wait until she's finished talking before you proceed to talking about yourself right? I mean, when the girl wants you to listen and she shows no signs of wanting to stop, even though she's run out of things to say, then for the love of God, ask la some questions so that she can talk somemore. It shows that you really care you know. (plus of course us girls will extend the same courtesy to guys if we really care about them) (: But of course, same as the dressing up detail, the guy needs to want (this is love) to do this, and not just because he has to (this is not love). See the difference?
.
.
So well, I guess that's just about all. Maybe if I think of more stuff I'll add them here. This is a freaking long post but I feel really satisfied with what I've written because well, I believe that the guy I choose to be with in future will be exactly like that. Because you may not know it by looking at me, but I'm a very picky person when it comes to love. Because I take love seriously. I don't play a fool with it. Read my personality quiz for more info. :P :P :P

Ciao! :D

2 comments:

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

I think it's prolly easier to find my dream guy (with my list of requirements) than to find yours. 8D Guys love to party, it;s the time when they're in the game! 8D

Oh actually I already found your dream guy, my friend Carmen (remember her?)'s ex-boyfriend Vincent. He;s here in Adelaide now. 8D He popped up in my mind after reading your blog.

Jo-Yee said...

Aiks! Hahaha. He's like that really? can I have his number?? KIDDING KIDDING> well, not realy. HAHAHAH :P