Friday, March 13, 2009

Recent Love.

Okay so I know it's a bit late and out-dated of me to be posting the lyrics to this song but I DON'T CARE. I LOVE IT. D: D: D:

I wasn't very fascinated by the singer's monotone voice when I first heard the song, plus having never heard of the name of the BAND before, I sort of ignored the song completely until someone told me about it some days later.

But I continued ignoring the song until.............

Thank Red FM for playing the song ten million times a day and thank Mummy for having the radio tuned to Red FM and have it on for 24 hours daily, I became accustommed to hearing the song at least once everyday. It gave me chance to analyse the meaning of the song and all of a sudden I grew fond of the very touching and unique lyrics and now it's become my favourite song (subject to change at any given moment, especially if a greater song comes up)! :D :D :D

Alright alright, I know you guys are feeling very aggravated because it's like the fourth paragraph and I have yet to post the title of the song. Haha.

So here it is! :D

The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script

Verse 1
Going back to the corner where I first saw you,
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag I'm not gonna move,
Got some words on cardboard got your picture in my hand,
Saying if you see this girl can you tell her where I am,
Some try to hand me money they don't understand,
I'm not...broke I'm just a broken hearted man,
I know it makes no sense, but what else can I do,
How can I move on when I'm still in love with you...

Chorus
Cos if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.
So I'm not moving... I'm not moving.

Verse 2
Policeman says son you can't stay here,
I said there's someone I'm waiting for if it's a day, a month, a year,
Gotta stand my ground even if it rains or snows,
If she changes her mind this is the first place she will go.

Chorus
Cos if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.
So I'm not moving... I'm not moving.
I'm not moving... I'm not moving.

Bridge
People talk about the guy
Who's waiting on a girl...
Oohoohwoo...
There are no holes in his shoes
But a big hole in his world...
Hmmmm...
And maybe I'll get famous for the man who can't be moved,
And maybe you won't mean to but you'll see me on the news,
And you'll come running to the corner...
Cos you'll know it's just for you
I'm the man who can't be moved
I'm the man who can't be moved...

Chorus
Cos if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.
So I'm not moving... I'm not moving.
I'm not moving... I'm not moving.

Ending verse
Going back to the corner where I first saw you,
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag not I'm not gonna move.

Some of you are probably going, "Ceh....This song is itttt....?" but I don't care! D: It's awesome! The lyric's awesome!
Okay, in simpler English, the story of the song goes like this:

There's this one guy who's fallen in love with this girl. And then for some reason they break up or something and the girl leaves. So this man camps on the street where he and the girl first met, and he refuses to move because he wants to wait for the girl's return if she ever changes her mind. He believes that if the girl wants to come back and goes looking for him, she'll think of the place where they first met and so, he chooses to camp there until she returns. Sweet isn't it? (:

But the sweetness doesn't end there. He says that the police tells him to leave as it is against the law to camp in public, but he disregards the police's warnings, claiming that he'll wait for the girl no matter what. And then he says he's probably going to get famous for being the man who can't be moved and the girl may see him on the news and come back to him to meet him there at the place where they first saw each other. Awwwwwwww... (:

And the little cute parts are when he says passer-bys hand him money thinking he's broke because well, he's camping on the streets but he says that they don't understand that it is only his heart that is broken. And also, he's going to be waiting and camping for the girl under any type of weather, be it rain, snow, storm or whatever and he still will not move, because he's pledged to wait for her return one day....

I know right? I'm SOBBING right now (exaggeration). If only I could meet such man in my life. Oh such fantasyyyy.... (: (: (:

Ciao.

Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

2 comments:

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

NUUUUUOOOOOOO THE SCRIPT IS NOT MONOTONOUS!!! AND THEY'RE PRETTY FAMOUS OKAY?!?!? PLSKTHXBAI.

Lol forgive me, I love the song too. 8D

Jo-Yee said...

Hahahaha.. He sounds Mono la the first time I heard him. :P

Heeeeee... They are quite famous now compared to before they came to MTV Asia Awards. Hahahahaha.