Saturday, March 7, 2009

Problem.

Okay so I have a problem.

You see, my Mum keeps bugging me to ask my Dad for this month's allowance because remember how they had fought like last month or whatever? So they are not on speaking terms with each other right now. Yes. But my Mum wants her money, and then who ends up being the middle person?

Of course it's me, you know, the apparent Daddy's little girl who's always siding the rat who abandoned the family. Hello. I soooo do not take sides. I am being good to both my father and my mother because whatever shit arguments they both had had during the past, are none of my business. It's not me who's arguing, they are. So why should I take sides?

So I refuse to help my Mum call my Dad, eventhough my Mum is like super mad at me. And during other times she purposefully agrees on buying anything I want for me, hoping that I might give in to her kindness and call my Dad for her money in the end.

Okay so I am very, very grateful for the Sandals, bras and panties and black shorts she bought me.... and oh, also she paid for my bicycle to get fixed. So yea, it's quite alot of money, and I don't know if she's doing it because she really loves me, or she only wants me to call my Dad for her. But sorry, Mum, cos I have vowed that I will never be the middle person between you and Dad ever again. It's super exhausting and it's full of pain and I'm totally over it.

I'm not going to be so stupid to put myself back in that situation. I'm outta of that, completely, and that's final. Besides Mum, I do not understand why you need the money so much anyway. It's not like you don't have a job. Plus, starting from this year Dad has been paying for my allowance and I've never asked even a penny from you since January (excluding the stuff she bought for me recently). So where did your money go? Also, the maid's gone home, so you have like, one person less to take care of, and you don't even need to pay her salary anymore.

So where's your money Mum? Where? Oh, I know, you spent them on lottery tickets, mahjong and what else? Oh yes, your thousands and thousands of Mills & Boon books. Okay so I don't really mind that you're spending your entire fortune on books, but I cannot tolerate the part about gambling. Hello. At least books are beneficial. Like you can learn things from it. But lottery and mahjong? Fuck it. And also, fuck your 2009 resolutions about quitting lottery. From what I know it seems like you've doubled on buying them.

So you know the five main things I hate most (descending order) in my life are:

1. Smoking
2. Gambling (lotteries, mahjong, card games, etc)
3. Disloyalty
4. Selfish people
5. People who do not strive hard in their studies

But you still go on doing it anyway. You and Dad. So you're asking me to help you now? After all you both have done to hurt me and sis? Sorry, Mum. I won't do it. I just won't. So stop bugging me, it's fruitless. No matter how many sandals or shorts or bras or panties you buy me, I'm not going to do it.

But I have not mentioned my problem. Sooooo, depsite my determination to not help my Mum call Dad, I am............................................................... crippled with guilt. ): Cos it hurts to see Mum sad, you know?
f
But then. It's THEIR problem. So THEY solve them. ):<

Okay, I WON'T do it. I am NOT feeling guilty. I REFUSE to feel guilty. So Mum, I apologise once again, for not being able - I mean, for refusing to help you. So stop bugging me, it is just not going to happen.

Unless of course, the both of you make up and apologise and start talking to each other, and then I'll consider. (: (: (: But then if that happens, I guess you wouldn't need me as middle person anymore anyway. :P

Then again, YEA right that'll happen.

Ciao.

Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

3 comments:

Amanda said...

your mom pays for food, water, electricity, gas, groceries, toiletries, and what else you never know. Maybe she needs to pay towards the car, and insurance. Things are not what it seems. I know how my mom struggles to give my brother and i a life worth living, and i'm sure you're mom is not far off. Your mom might want more money so that she can offer you and herself a better life compared to now.

All of you are going thru a hard time now and everybody seems to only think about themselves, and although running or dodging the problem may seem less stressful, i think the best way is to talk to both your parents on behalf of them, and instead of helping them sort it out entirely, lend a helping hand in certain parts. I know it's not as easy as it sounds, and if someone told me to do that i wont, but not because i think it's none of my business, I know it is right, but i think i dont have the guts to do it. I know you do. You always were and still is =)

Although it seems unlikely that us little ones may not be able to do much, but what if it does work? And even if they don't get together again, they can both talk to each other as friends? Then the pain you are going thru would be shortened, no?
Rather than let them go at it until they finally solve it (which who knows might not even happen) why not ask what is it that they don't agree about and find a solution to go about it? Sounds like bullcrap i agree, but both of us know that it's one of the solutions.

But just my opinion, although i am rather contradicting bcoz im doing nothing about my parents. But it sure does leave you something to ponder about, isn't it?

Jo-Yee said...

That's the problem. If their problems can be solved, and if there IS a way to it, I would do it, even if it risks my life.

It's just, nobody is willing to admit their mistakes, my DAD especially, he probably feels guilty over what he had done in the past, but he still doesn't want to admit how wrong he was, only taking the excuse that "What happened in the past, IS the past."

And then my Mum will NEVER get over what my dad did last time, as in, you know, disloyalty and all, so, whenever she feels threathened by my Dad, she brings this topic up and then whole hell freezes over.

This is something that I don't see a way to resolve, but merely to let it die down. I think that my Mum doesn't need to depend on my dad anymore anyway, since she's been all like that all those years back before my dad started giving her monthly allowance again, which I think only started middle of last year.

I think that she only wants the money now, because she knows that my dad HAS money. So I feel really pissed about that. It's not like me and my sis asks her to buy ALOT of stuff for us. My sis has started working and I've always only turned to my dad whenever I want things.

Besides, I've never got into stuff between dad and mum so if I started now, it might strain thngs between daddy and I. And my mum and dad are not those type of people who listen to me, they keep thinking that I'm just this kid.

My dad and mum argue about random stuff, but then someone will mention about that PAST, and then the argument gets very bad. And then no words can make them understand anymore.

So really, I don't know what to do about this. Only to, let them settle their own things.

Probably I'm also cowardly, I dare not step into these matters between my parents. ): But I'm really afraid that things might change if I DO step in.

Jo-Yee said...

Change as in, the change in my relationship with my dad. ): Or my relationship with my mum.