Monday, October 19, 2009

I'll save a seat for you.

I am so emotional over this that it inspired me to write a song. And let me tell you, I get inspired all the time, but when I'm really inspired, that's the only time I'll ever finish a song.

I'll Save a Seat for You (You laugh all you can. It just came to my mind, okay?)

Remember how we would walk into school,
Your hand in mine while I was watching over you,
The world looked on with envious smiles,
They hadn't seen such a great pair in a while,

We would be together all the time,
But no matter what they said, your hands were in mine,
We swore that this was how it was gonna end,
You got my back, your trust was in my hand,

We knew what we had, they would never get,
We felt sorry and guilty, but that was just too bad,

Chorus
But what's happened to us now? It's not the same,
Why have things changed? No, I'm still the same,
Why did you go, I want to know,
Because I thought we were true, but you said we were through,
Why have you changed my dear, dear friend,
Did I do something wrong that made you misunderstand,
Come on, we'll work it through,
I'll be right here for you,
So when you look back,
I'll save a seat for you.

I remember how we used to hide behind the door,
And laugh at our teacher when he came walking in,
From his shoes to the comb he had at his at his back,
Now to know it's all gone, it's just so sad...

I thought you knew what we had, they'll never get,
So why don't you want it, was it all so bad?

Chorus

This seat right here is reserved for you,
No one else should replace it, they can't do,
We're not me and you, we are us two,
All that matters is if you will come back...

Chorus x2

I'll save a seat for you,
It's a promise made for you.

No comments: